Option 1:
Step 1: Spot 1 with 1200 lumen
Step 2: Spot 1+2 with 2400 lumen
Step 3: Spot 1+2 + medium 3600 lumen
Option 2:
Step 1: Spot 1 with 1200 lumen
Step 2: Spot 1+2 with 2400 lumen
Step 3: medium lighting (1200 lumen)

As an additional alternative, the TRILED head is now offered in place of the medium-reflector with a 60 ° flood reflector.

In this way illuminated video recordings are then possible.
• Colour temperature 5500°K
• LED power for highest demands
The TRILED LED-head exists in 3 versions.
1. Standard version is for connecting to the already owners of the VB50 CAVE canister systems.
2. Connecting to foreign 12V canister systems.
3. Connecting to 12V DIR systems with e/o cords.

Review:
As an MB Sub light advocate for some years now, it was a real pleasure to be given the opportunity by Michael to test and review the TRILED cave light from a diver/instructor perspective. As a full time cave diver/instructor, I figured who better to test it. The system is a versatile light system. This light is designed to be used by the most novice of open water divers, to the most demanding cave diver.
Upon receiving the light, I was eager to see it first hand and get the “feel” of it. At first glance I liked look of it. The Goodman handle is as good as what I’ve come to love. It's solid and adjustable for both glove free diving and cold water dry glove diving on larger hands. The one small thing I would say for the Goodman handle, is there is no way to attach some bungie to make a place to clip it off or to attach Cookies and Arrows to it. (Ref. Image (1))
I feel one down side is the size of the light head it's self. For smaller handed divers who use one hand for the reel and light I feel it would be cumbersome and might hinder efficient line laying. Given the weight distribution of the light head a smaller handed diver, especially a student when learning to lay line would struggle with using this light in their configuration. (Ref. Images (2) (3))

From an aesthetical point of view it also looks big in comparison to other lights that are currently on the market. However I feel it out does the majority in terms of it's lumen output and versatility.
The on/off switch with its multiple settings at first seemed a little weird, sticking up above the unit itself (The reed switch type that I’m using currently with the VB50). However it works well. As a cave diving instructor, my light gets clipped on/off many times during the course of the day, however the on/off switch of the Tri LED cave light doesn’t get caught on my rig, doesn’t rotate off by mistake. The screw lock feature is good, simple and works well.
I’ve tried to break my review into different categories, depending on what type of diver would want this light system. So for testing purposes, I’ve broken it down into the following categories:
1. Sidemount Diving (with Goodman handle)
2. Cavern Diving
3. Stage Cave Diving
4. DPV Cave Diving
5. Filming with go pro, using just primary light for light

Category 1: Sidemount cave diving
The light is as a back mount light, designed to be worn on the hip. However the cable that comes with the battery pack is long enough to butt mount the light and use it in the SM configuration. Using the Goodman handle means that sometimes in the smaller caves the light head is going to take a knock or two.
The robustness of the light is what I’ve come to expect with MB Sub lights. It is extremely well built, well put together and takes the challenges of being scraped and pulled through multiple restrictions time after time. It is a solid light head. I dived some pretty small caves here in Mexico for this test, and it was scrapped through some tank on/off restrictions, it was snagged on the rocks, crushed between the tanks and the rock when pulling through the cave. Regardless of this it performed exceptionally well.
The beam width from not only the 2 LED, but also the wide beam from the 3rd LED really lights up the cave. If you have say the VB50, and you focus the light head to the “square” it really penetrates, the new TRILED is not as powerful as this, but does give a nice focused beam to look forward into the caves. This is something extremely useful when exploring.
To name only one dive out of the many in the week that I tested this light system. The LSD section of the Dos Ojos cave. Its thunder cave truly breath taking, this light system made the cave appear alive, with its 3600 lumen lighting all that it was pointed towards.
Category 2: Cavern diving
For the new cavern and cave diver, you will want to look for a light that is robust, rugged and has the power to light up the caverns. The new TRILED is just this. Using all 3 LEDs at once, it truly lights up the cavern zone.
With the battery pack lasting 4 hours on average. This light is perfect for 1 day or even 2 days of diving in-between charging. For the global travelling diver having to use it with different voltages, and currents. The new TRILED battery pack charges perfectly from any local power point. Be it the UK, or the US and Mexico utilizing the whole range of 110v to 240 VDC
With some of the best cavern diving globally here in Playa. You can and you do truly light up the cavern zone with all 3 spot lights giving out 3600 lumen. You can appreciate the beauty of the caverns with this light.

Category 3 & 4: stage cave diving, Cave DPV diving
The battery life is around 4 hours on setting 3 with a fully charged battery pack. As the battery power starts to diminish you will see the LED start to flash a few times, this is the battery pack changing the power setting to the next lower setting. From 3 full LED lights to empty, once the power starts to diminish, takes around 30mins.
For all the DPV cave divers amongst us, we know that a well-lit cave makes for an easy scooter dive, the TRILED light, does just this. The wide angle beam, the brightness of the 3600 lumen is perfect for the scooter diver. The large down side is the Goodman handle does not allow you to swap hands on the move to check gas etc, meaning you have to stop every time. On the VB50, you can place your thumb on the light as you scooter along meaning you have one hand free to check your gas.(Ref. Image 4)
Category 5: Filming with the go pro, using just the light.
From the attached short video clip (LSD section (1)) you can clearly see how well the light beam reaches out and touches the sides of the cave in comparison to the diver in front, who is using a 12w primary light.
Although the beam angle when used as a video light alone doesn't fill the whole frame as you can see from (LSD section (4)) that what the light does illuminate is very impressive. Together with a small video light mounted on the gopro to fill the extra frame you would have a very competent primary/video light combination. This would be far more cost effective than buying a primary light and two separate video lights for example.
For the avid film maker, as mentioned in the above description, there is now an additional alternative of TRILED head with a 60 ° flood reflector. This allows for a video light function without a hotspot.
Conclusion:
My personal overall rating for this light is high.
This light blows the rest away with it's versatility, brightness and robustness. Its German engineered. Which means its bullet proof when dropped, dragged along the floor by mistake or scraped into small caves. As mentioned above in regards to being smaller handed or a DPV diver I would not recommend the light as an optimal light for you without an option for a different Goodman handle. Aside from that demographic, if you are into film, a novice cave diver, or the most demanding cave diver, this light system is a serious must on your wish list!

Image 4.jpgImage 3.jpgImage 2 (1).jpgImage 1.jpg