+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BOV sensor Mkvi Poseidon

RBW Member Scuba1456 is an unknown quantity at this point Scuba1456's Avatar

BOV sensor Mkvi Poseidon

Question about the actual mechanism or functionality of the sensor that tells the electronic module what position the BOV value is in.

I have noticed that my paddle has begun telling me NC "no circuit" when I change to CC mode. If I fiddle with it a little (move toward OC a fraction of a turn) it registers CC and away I go.

I was told there is some type of magnetic connection that's happening and the magnet may have shifted. Is there any user adjustment of this or is it something Poseidon will have to adjust? I assume this is interacting with the HUD cable some how but it's really getting quite annoying to have to fiddle with it. I know it's only once or twice on each normal dive but still.

I have about 80 weeks left till service. Love to sort it out sooner than that.

J missionmtb is an unknown quantity at this point missionmtb's Avatar
    Se7en

mkVI

Re: BOV sensor Mkvi Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba1456  View Original Post
    Question about the actual mechanism or functionality of the sensor that tells the electronic module what position the BOV value is in.

I have noticed that my paddle has begun telling me NC "no circuit" when I change to CC mode. If I fiddle with it a little (move toward OC a fraction of a turn) it registers CC and away I go.

I was told there is some type of magnetic connection that's happening and the magnet may have shifted. Is there any user adjustment of this or is it something Poseidon will have to adjust? I assume this is interacting with the HUD cable some how but it's really getting quite annoying to have to fiddle with it. I know it's only once or twice on each normal dive but still.

I have about 80 weeks left till service. Love to sort it out sooner than that.
    It's easy to turn the mkvi BOV lever too far (especially downward), I'd guess this is it. This could also happen if the big metal ring isn't tightened all the way, you'll see threads...

I've heard the travel stop is improved on the Se7en BOV, there's a little detent you can feel when it's in the right place so you know when to stop.

LDS can probably check to make sure the magnet is ok inside, I'd start there. You can also do a se7en BOV upgrade for $$$. I'm just gentle on mine.
    Last edited by missionmtb; 22nd December 2015 at 05:47.

RBW Member Scuba1456 is an unknown quantity at this point Scuba1456's Avatar

Re: BOV sensor Mkvi Poseidon

Thanks. I too am very gentle on mine. I don't recall ever feeling a detent though. But I purchased my unit used. I will see what the boys at the dive shop say. The big nut seems to be tight.

+ Reply to Thread