+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Super newbie from the UAE

RBW Member DragonZA is an unknown quantity at this point DragonZA's Avatar
    Poseidon mk VI

Re: Super newbie from the UAE

So, thanks to the wonderful Mark McCrum from RAID (global director recreational training) I have just finished my rebreather level 4 and MK6 speciality.

Couldn't have asked for a better instructor experience, he made the (at times) daunting task ahead seem manageable and got me to the point of being able to use the unit comfortably and safely in a very short time.

Now I know what I don't know, and can focus on steadily building my hours on the unit until all the skills and drills truly become second nature.

Thanks for all the helpful comments and PM's guys much appreciated!

pike pikewashere is an unknown quantity at this point pikewashere's Avatar
    rEvo

Hey Brendon,

Just came across this post, and thought I'd see how your getting on 3 months in.

I'm down in AD, but out in Fujairah as much as possible.
    Hopefully we can get you on the Ines, Anita and sub sooner then later.

Always looking for new people to dive with if your ever looking for a buddy.

Enjoy.

RBW Member DragonZA is an unknown quantity at this point DragonZA's Avatar
    Poseidon mk VI

Hi Pike.

All is well, just trying to dive the unit as much as possible to get the drills and procedures committed to muscle memory. Units are performing as advertised and Ive been very happy with them so far. Im in Al Ain so if you have a dive going hit me up, would love to go with.

Im self-limiting to 30m for the moment, need to get myself more comfortable before I head off to 40m. It always amazes me the difference between 30m and 40m i.t.o. gas planning, consumption, NDL etc. Always scared the hell out of me hearing newly qualified AOW students who've done one 20m dive and 15 total in the tropics talking about "just popping down" to 40m in cold water.

Maybe I'm over-cautious but Im OK with that. So's the wife so bonus points

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2