35 89.74%
  • I wouldn't do it either.

2 5.13%
  • DON'T DO IT! IT'LL BLOW!!

2 5.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Anal am I Being?

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

How Anal am I Being?

So I've got two kegs, each with about 1/3rd left.

They're both Sofnolime 812. Expiration dates are May 2017 and October 2019.

I'm about to drive down to Florida and would rather bring only one keg instead of a little bit of two.

But I'm reluctant to combine the two.

Am I being overly cautious?
    Last edited by oya; 8th December 2015 at 02:52.

Pucks & sharks! hroark2112 is an unknown quantity at this point hroark2112's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit LTE

Kiss Sport, DiveRite O2ptima

Re: How Anal am I Being?

I wouldn't worry about it. I once filled one scrubber with sorb from the bottom of one keg and the other from a fresh keg. I lived to tell the tale!

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

The only issue you might face is that it will make the effective use-by date of the whole lot May 2017.

You're going on a dive trip, you say? With only 2/3 of a keg of lime? You'll be bringing home an empty container then, no problems at all.

New Member DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge's Avatar
    Hammered Inspiration

GEM, DC55, AKA60

What ever you do............never, ever put the 2019 into the 2017.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Being anal is a good thing.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by DepthCharge  View Original Post
    What ever you do............never, ever put the 2019 into the 2017.
    Good point.

Put the 2017 into the 2019 container, then it's all 2019 (says so on the tub, after all!)

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Wow indate lime, that's novel, I'll have to give it a go!

I see no issues, like you said, your going on a dive trip, even if its not used now I expect you'll be back in the water long before 2017

Enjoy your trip

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

TOO DANGEROUS !!!!!!
    DONT USE IT !!!

Send it to Belgium and we will dispose it for you if you are willing to pay shipping. We don't want you to take risk so we Wil take them for you.
    Don't even need to thank us, you're welcome !!!

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

So I had a tub (somebody gave me) that was 2 yrs expired and I dumped it in a pail and ran my exhaust over it so it would neutralize then mixed it in my garden. Then I read on the topic and realized that the expiration dates are merely very conservative estimates and nothing happens in a closed container which would render the (otherwise immortal) sorb ineffective.

For a deep dive fresh sorb is a pre-requisite. Don't take chances. For futzing around at a shore or quarry I load the expired stuff and dump it at the end of the day. There is no reason not to mix it and I often will mix the slightly expired with the very new and call it good for the season. Don't be complacent and if it didn't expire on your watch don't trust it (age matters far less than where it was stored and what was the temperature).

instructor attchoum is on a distinguished road attchoum is on a distinguished road attchoum's Avatar
    rEvo

Easy solution is to dive more often!
    Situation like that will never come back.

Enjoy your trip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast