+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quick Disconnect For Bailout

RBW Member yellowduke is an unknown quantity at this point yellowduke's Avatar
    Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    APD Vision

Quick Disconnect For Bailout

Being only recently qualified on my AP Vision I have been giving some thought to bailout, particularly since my unit has a BOV and the hire one for my course didn't. Rather than connect to the diluent I plan to connect to off board side slung bailout using a 120cm hose from the BOV and a short hose on the 1st stage and connect with an Omniswivel. The one I have chosen is the check valve non locking version (link below). I only expect to disconnect to hand off the bailout and don't currently have a need for gas switches mid water. Does this seem reasonable and is this quick disconnect version appropriate for the task? Thanks.

https://www.narkedat90.com/ProductDe...BOX83&CartID=3

RBW Member Brummkreisel is an unknown quantity at this point Brummkreisel's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Submatix SMS

Re: Quick Disconnect For Bailout

[QUOTE=yellowduke;474135] The one I have chosen is the check valve non locking version (link below). I only expect to disconnect to hand off the bailout and don't currently have a need for gas switches mid water. Does this seem reasonable and is this quick disconnect version appropriate for the task? Thanks.
    /QUOTE]

I' using the locking version as I do have my doubts being capable to mount the hose with big dry suit gloves.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I started out with QDs to off board gas but gave up on them when one failed closed

Also be sure you can disconect and conect under water and be aware that this blasts salt water into the reg every time so expect issues and increased servicing demands.

I hard wire in my deep bailout to the BOV now and just use OC regs for the rest.

ATB

Mark

APD Vision

Mark that is pretty much my intention as well. The qd is for ease of access to gas volume should I need it while making kitting up easier. It should only be disconnected in water to hand off to someone else. When I get to the point where multiple bailouts are needed I might consider a switching block or just plain old OC style gas switching.

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I have second stages fitted to all my BO gas but also have the deep BO
    plumbed into my BOV.
    I use QC6 connectors for this with a long hose on the BOV and a short hose
    on the reg,it makes kitting up easy and I can disconnect underwater should
    I need to hand the stage to a buddy.
    The QC6's have shut off's on both the male and female side and have a good
    flow rate, the QC4's are similar but have a poor flow.

RBW Member Baden Paddy is an unknown quantity at this point Baden Paddy's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Morgan  View Original Post
    I have second stages fitted to all my BO gas but also have the deep BO
    plumbed into my BOV.
    I use QC6 connectors for this with a long hose on the BOV and a short hose
    on the reg,it makes kitting up easy and I can disconnect underwater should
    I need to hand the stage to a buddy.
    The QC6's have shut off's on both the male and female side and have a good
    flow rate, the QC4's are similar but have a poor flow.

dito +1

RBW Member dunny is an unknown quantity at this point dunny's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Baden Paddy  View Original Post
    dito +1
    Same here

RBW Member wwjk is an unknown quantity at this point wwjk's Avatar
    SF2

I have my BO plumbed into my MAV, QC4. First stage on BO works with MP 8.5bar, system MP is 7.5bar.
    If BO valve is open, it will be used for the Reb or the BOV, the MP overrules the onboard diluent. In case of need for the buddy, disconnect and give it away and go on with onboard diluent, no need to open/close valves. Of course all BO is fitted with a second stage.
    Till today no probs with the QC4, but if I had to configure it right now, I would use QC6.

APD Vision

I have opted in the end for Miflex hoses, appropriate adaptors and a QC6 set to rig to my bailout. I have a wait for the QC6 set to arrive but the Miflex hoses have arrived and I am amazed at how they compare to my more traditional hoses. I actually thought I had been sent shorter hoses than ordered when I saw the packs but they are really much more compact and so light! Should be ideal for the job.

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by yellowduke  View Original Post
    I have opted in the end for Miflex hoses, appropriate adaptors and a QC6 set to rig to my bailout. I have a wait for the QC6 set to arrive but the Miflex hoses have arrived and I am amazed at how they compare to my more traditional hoses. I actually thought I had been sent shorter hoses than ordered when I saw the packs but they are really much more compact and so light! Should be ideal for the job.
    Sorry I'm late to the thread but your proposed solution is the same in configuration as mine, only I've used the APD GCS hoses and fittings. I also added a female hose to the manifold for my CCR (the male is on the BOV), so if I do have to disconnect the stage for whatever reason, I can still have "something" supplying the BOV, albeit only what's left in a dil cylinder. The deep stage is the only one with the female whip on it (by the time I'm shallow enough to use the rich stage, I'm happy enough to be able to swap to a normal reg) and it's usually connected on the boat and left connected until right before I get out.

So far that system has worked fine for me including doing a deep bailout (~50m) - it gives you time to get moving upwards, get the DSMB sent on it's way before you need to switch to a nicer breathing 2nd stage (having done it now, I think I probably would switch too. My initial thoughts were to stay on the BOV until I reached the shallow stops where the gas switch was required but it is nicer breathing off a dedicated 2nd stage reg than the BOV, which is always going to be a bit of a compromise IMHO).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast