+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: decompression software

Loving life 2 the fullest pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver's Avatar

Talking decompression software

I would like to know - what type of decompression software is the best. I am new in the trimix world, is there anything I need to know when purchasing a decompression program . I have just completed my normoxic trimix class on my meg , and want to purchase a program that will help me out in this. We used v-planner with the class, but would like to know if there is anything else that is comparative, Just trying to do it right the first time.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Re: decompression software

VPM has gained growing acceptance. V-planner gives a nice easy to use package that can also be used to generate tables...

Theres lot of others around, some still swear by Gordon hendersons DDplan (GF Buhlmann). I think theres old threads on here if you want to search, we've discussed it before...

But the short answer; V-planner is a good call.

Custom Title Allowed! TordoffR is on a distinguished road TordoffR is on a distinguished road TordoffR's Avatar

I really like v-planner! Used it alot with OC, and hope to use it soon for the Meg.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by EBT
    VPM has gained growing acceptance. V-planner gives a nice easy to use package that can also be used to generate tables...

Theres lot of others around, some still swear by Gordon hendersons DDplan (GF Buhlmann). I think theres old threads on here if you want to search, we've discussed it before...

But the short answer; V-planner is a good call.
    I second the VPM comment... You can also buy the IANTD Constant PP02 tables... They were generated with VPM and are easy to fold up and carry. I always carry a range of them with me in case the s#$@)( hits the fan in a major way and I would need something to refer to...

Dive Safe...

Mark

Meg dealer / IT MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto's Avatar
    Meg, Pathfinder, Sentinel, MK6

Optima and Inspiration

Hey Patty,

I use V-Planner and Pro-Planner and both are really good for CCR dive and if I remember the last time you and Ron came down to Mexico you were diving a VR3 and on this case both will work very well and track very close to the VR3.
    Cheers,
    Michael Netto - www.megalodonbrasil.com.br
    ISC Megalodon CCR Dealer and IT
    Sentinel and Cislunar MK6 CCR Instructor
    IANTD and TDI CCR Trimix and CCR Cave Instructor

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pattimegdiver
    I would like to know - what type of decompression software is the best. I am new in the trimix world, is there anything I need to know when purchasing a decompression program . I have just completed my normoxic trimix class on my meg , and want to purchase a program that will help me out in this. We used v-planner with the class, but would like to know if there is anything else that is comparative, Just trying to do it right the first time.
    Hi Patti,

I like RGBM, GAP is there computer software provider. Most programs offer a free ware trial period download some diffrent ones and due some PC dives. What does Ron use? Try and stay with a program that your buddies use it is a lot easier when dive planning. If your buddies are on a GF profile and you are on a RGBM your deco profiles will be off. Yes there are ways to fudge and mimick and I am sure Ron is a lot more knowledgeable than I in that arena. Leon is also pretty well veresed and we had some pretty good conversations on decompresion.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

I have been using V-Planner for my prior open circuit life and now for CCR. So, I am quite comfortable using it, and it is what most of the people I dive with use for planning. My wish list for it would include the ability to pre-set decompression set points (elevated compared to the bottom set point) rather than having to manually add them into the dive. However, it is a great program.

I also carry the IANTD Constant PPO2 tables just in case. You never know . . . .

I tested out GAP a while back, and I also really liked certain things about it even more than in V-Planner. It provides a lot of great information if you want it, and it generates really great, clean tables. On the other hand, I am told that RGBM profiles can be pretty conservative. I really didn't use it enough to know just how much more conservative it was/is. I would like to purchase and start testing it again . . . one of these days.

Like everything else in diving, each thing seems to have both pluses and minuses. Sometimes, making a choice for one at the exclusion of the other is not easy.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by pattimegdiver
    Hey Patti,
    One feature I like about GAP is that you can place different deco models Buhlmann and RGBM side by side on the graph and see the effect changes to the profile have on it. I use v-planner mostly because I get fast results and I can tweak it easily. BTW congratulations on trimix. :D
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Loving life 2 the fullest pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver's Avatar

[quote=dive2dive2000]Hi Patti,

What does Ron use? Try and stay with a program that your buddies use it is a lot easier when dive planning. If your buddies are on a GF profile and you are on a RGBM your deco profiles will be off.

I believe Ron uses the vr3 and tables. I was thinking what ever I choose in software, I was looking at the v-planner, because it also gives you 4 addtional codes that you can put on seperate computers .... I was thinking if ron is a good boy I might give him one of the codes for his computer.

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I have V-planner and Gap... trying to play with both....

I like that you can manipulate the GF on Gap to really play with the profile... as well, it matches my shearwater... so far!

I looked at some of the RGBM schedules and got scared... mabey because I am used to comercial diving profiles but you get out of the water pretty fast on RGBM, and that just makes me think...

Buy them all and try them all!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast