+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battery Replacement SS UV-26

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Battery Replacement SS UV-26

Hi all,

I managed to get my hands on a used SS UV26 since it was shipped overseas I bought it without batteries so I could reduce on the weight. (Batteries was dated 2005 so I intended to replace them anyway.)

I know the recommend ones are the Genesis EP26. But have any of you guys managed to fit a cheaper alternative?

I will be using this DPV for on month a year maximum so I was hopping to get a cheaper alternative since I'm a little afraid of the discharge they will be facing over 11 months without use.

Any thoughts?

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Re: Battery Replacement SS UV-26

I got some sunandshine batterys for my uv18 they work well be very careful about the waight i had some 1 kg to heavy i got rid of them yuasa do a 26 amp battery as i remember the right waight and size there not expensive.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

I used yaesu's in my Gavin, not as high quality as the genesis but they were fine for my application. I would just check in with Rodney on the correct yaesus so your weighting isn't all messed up.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Just build a Li Ion pack.

+ Reply to Thread