+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vincent from Kapolei, HI

RBW Member shortkidd is an unknown quantity at this point shortkidd's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Poseidon Se7en

Vincent from Kapolei, HI

I am currently in Utila, Honduras where I just finished my Rebreather and Advanced Rebreather training for the Poseidon MK7.

I have been diving for a number of years and learning this week was challenging for me. I felt like it was take everything that you know about diving and throw it out of the window. No more fine tuning buoyancy with your lungs.

I needed an extra day of training because I had quite a lot of problems trying to solve getting neutrally buoyant. I have no idea why I had just a hard time, but it was difficult. After all of the required class diving I did some extra dives and I think I have finally started to build some nice comfort. I am 6'11" and the backplate and wing I was using didn't fit the best (shocking right?)

So, I decided I will buy one, but I think I will plan to go to Poseidon in Venice and see if I can get the fit right. I know that it's possible to get longer breather hoses, so I hope that will help with the constant feeling of the regulator pulling down. Also, I always felt like the counterlungs were squeezing my neck.

All in all I made it through successfully, but not without some challenges.

I look forward to reading the forums and if anyone is taller I would love to know if you have any tips/tricks.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Vincent from Kapolei, HI

Nice to meet you on RBW.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

New Member Heliox is an unknown quantity at this point Heliox's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Prism Topaz, Inspo, P2

Hi Vincent!
    I'm up the road in Makaha. Let's go dive!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

There are a bunch of rebrether divers over in HI, that I use to dive with in CA. Send me a PM and I will hook you up with them.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread