+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ouroborus servicing and crossover training? Where?

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Re: Ouroborus servicing and crossover training? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech alex  View Original Post
    Cheers Baz negative or positive comments are all welcome, are you saying this with regard the servicing, maintaining, or just that they are a bit long in the tooth?
    All of the above - That unit is soooo last millennium !

Save yourself the grief and get a modern unit with world wide support and service.

regards Baz

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Re: Ouroborus servicing and crossover training? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    All of the above - That unit is soooo last millennium !
    im curious what makes it last millennium?

i would think its features beats most new units.

as regards spare and servicing,

There is one company providing service and spares. (just as there is only one company providing spares and service for most rbs) without having info on what degree of support they can provide i dont think anyone can say much. My understanding is they have limited stock BUT all the drawings, specs and info to produce any spare part for the unit. just depends on the numbers/cost effectiveness.

from VR
    "VMS have all the stock, access to all CAD drawings, CNC programs and Jigs to make parts, Ouroboros manufacturing tools and the Service personnel trained to service the Ouroboros. Obviously it is down to VMS how and if they want to use this but it is theirs under the licence deal."

i know they recently repaired/replaced a flooded POD/controller, i know they provide lungs, boris hoses, mushroom valves etc. i suggest any one interested simply ask them because given the stupidly low prices being asked for the units now even if they run out of stock they took over and have to remake and it costs an arm and leg to get them to do so it may well still be cost effective
    Last edited by Drmike; 25th November 2015 at 04:11.

New Member Tech alex is an unknown quantity at this point Tech alex's Avatar
    Ouroborus

Mk15, Poseidon Mk 6 60m

Red face Re: Ouroborus servicing and crossover training? Where?

Well folks, I rang my old friend today and after a nice catch up I am absolutely delighted to be able to say I am about to become a new owner of the rebreather that captivated me in to a world of wanting silent running, the reasons behind the sale are actually quite personal to him, so we shall avoid all that, but I am totally made up,thanks for all the input from everyone,

In a couple of days I'll become a Borris owner

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2