+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ouroborus servicing and crossover training? Where?

New Member Tech alex is an unknown quantity at this point Tech alex's Avatar
    Ouroborus

Mk15, Poseidon Mk 6 60m

Talking Ouroborus servicing and crossover training? Where?

Hi folks, a friend of mine is toying with selling his "Borris" this ccr (and the guy himself) was an inspiration to me years ago, and as you can imagine, having a call out of the blue from a good friend of mine that the unit is for sale has captivated me a fair bit.
    So my questions are,,,
    Servicing, is it straight forward to do this/have this done? It was originally vr technologies and obviously that makes things not as easy as it would have been years ago, And secondly where would I ask to get crossover training? I'm away with work at the moment and am sure a few phone calls when I'm home and seeing my old friend will answer a few questions, so I am just at the "feasibility study" stage. But any info / pointers / advice is welcome,

Cheers .

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: Ouroborus servicing and crossover training? Where?

If you are on facebook have a look at the Ouroboros rebreather group
    It's a closed group but I'd guess membership would only be a request away.
    Sorry I can't be any more help, just happened to see the group.

Ouroborus

Mk15, Poseidon Mk 6 60m

Thank you very much for bringing that group to my attention, also I've just been told there maybe training available at Vobster.

Latvian Baron Baron015 is an unknown quantity at this point Baron015's Avatar
    Sentinel

You could also ask Phil Short

http://www.philshorttechnical.co.uk/

He is well respected diver and instructor and has a Boris in his stable of rebreathers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Mate save your dosh - you are simply inviting a whole lot of pain into your life.

regards Baz

RBW Member Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit & bits

inspo classic

Al Wright would be a good place to start for advice on a Boris. google MVsalutay and drop him an email.

RBW Member luker is an unknown quantity at this point luker's Avatar
    Ouroboros and Sentinel

COPIS Meg with VR URM

Quote Originally Posted by Baron015  View Original Post
    You could also ask Phil Short

http://www.philshorttechnical.co.uk/

He is well respected diver and instructor and has a Boris in his stable of rebreathers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Phil sold his Boris about two years ago, he can still teach an Ouroboros course though.

Another instructor option would be Al Wright, he does still own an Ouroboros.

More then likely they would both teach while diving a Sentinel anyway.

As for servicing, yes VMS (Vobster) can help however as the unit is obsolete there is limited spares avalible so there is always the risk of something breaking and not being an easy replacement.

i love diving my Ouroboros and it suits the diving I do, would I chose it to cross over to one? Tough question, really depends the diving you intend doing or just the fact you have the cash and always wanted one!

Luke

Ouroborus

Mk15, Poseidon Mk 6 60m

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    Mate save your dosh - you are simply inviting a whole lot of pain into your life.

regards Baz
    Cheers Baz negative or positive comments are all welcome, are you saying this with regard the servicing, maintaining, or just that they are a bit long in the tooth?

Ouroborus

Mk15, Poseidon Mk 6 60m

Phil short or Al Wright then, lol, thanks guys for all your input, I'm going to see my old pal in the coming few days and I,ll see what's what,,, he's a wealth of information anyway but I do like to get other people's views so thanks guys,,,,

Ouroborus

Mk15, Poseidon Mk 6 60m

Quote Originally Posted by luker  View Original Post
    Phil sold his Boris about two years ago, he can still teach an Ouroboros course though.

Another instructor option would be Al Wright, he does still own an Ouroboros.

More then likely they would both teach while diving a Sentinel anyway.

As for servicing, yes VMS (Vobster) can help however as the unit is obsolete there is limited spares avalible so there is always the risk of something breaking and not being an easy replacement.

i love diving my Ouroboros and it suits the diving I do, would I chose it to cross over to one? Tough question, really depends the diving you intend doing or just the fact you have the cash and always wanted one!

Luke

Yeah I always wanted a Borris and yes a lot has changed money wise for me over the last (almost) ten years, and I want something that can go deeper than where I'm at now, this particular one has been to the Brittanic (more than once I think) so she has been in deeper water than I have lol. I come from the hands on side of life with an almost ocd nature (with diving anyway) so I'd like an ouroborus, even if it meant more tinkering and upkeep/updating than for example a Meg, which I understand is a fantastic bit of kit.
    Does that make any sense? (Do I?) lol cheers.

Cheers Luker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast