+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poseidon MK VI customized backmount counterlung

RBW Member Interested is an unknown quantity at this point Interested's Avatar
    Se7en ; JJ

Poseidon MKVI

Poseidon MK VI customized backmount counterlung

Hey there,

i'm diving the Poseidon se7en rebreather since this year and i'm pretty satisfied with it. The only thing i really dont like, is the counterlungs in the front. The breathing comfort is nice, but you're very limited in the field of view.

So i decide to put them in the back.

My first thought was to tinker with the original lungs from Poseidon, but i'm not that satisfied with this method. Because the connector to the lungs constructed very high.

My second option would be to use the backmounted lungs from the JJ, but im not shure how much i have to tinker, that the connections will fit.

There are several more companies with backmounted counter lungs:

Gen2

Hammerhead

White arrow

AP diving

Has anyboy done such a customize or knew somebody how could give me some advices.

Thx for Help!
    Last edited by Interested; 18th November 2015 at 15:17.

RBW Member ornskov is an unknown quantity at this point ornskov's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery MKVI 60M

Dolphin

Re: Poseidon MK VI customized backmount counterlung

I am using ATS Unilung, you can get them ready to be used with Poseidon.

/Claus

Se7en ; JJ

Poseidon MKVI

Thx for the information. Looks pretty nice, and with no extra work to make it fit is very cool. But 1300$ what the fuck.... This is way to much for only an counterlung.

RBW Member jim28fl is an unknown quantity at this point jim28fl's Avatar
    Mark 6

I'm not entirely sure but i think you will have issues with the PPT test and you will have to set the counter lung volume n so forth accordingly to get it to pass the start up tests.

so consider/account for that as well.

Se7en ; JJ

Poseidon MKVI

Yeah you right the volume of the lungs have to be changed in the setup. But I guess up to 7l should be no problem, cause the tec lungs from Poseidon have 7l too (3,5l each).
    But I'm not sure how much the possible maximum value is.

New Member Tech alex is an unknown quantity at this point Tech alex's Avatar
    Ouroborus

Mk15, Poseidon Mk 6 60m

When my upgraded mk6 was returned from Poseidon with standard counter lungs I dived it a couple of times (shallow water) with no problems before literally stripping it down for a good clean and just built it back up with the larger capacity tec counter lungs, it still worked the same in every operational way. So I'd think the capacity shouldn't effect the test the machine goes through, I can't see why it would check capacity, as this is not the same as a leak / pressure test,
    If you want I can update this post tomorrow after I have spoken to the importer?

Se7en ; JJ

Poseidon MKVI

That is logic, if I think about. The test may fill the lungs to a set pressure without taking care of the volume. I guess the change in the setup is necessary for the software to calculate the volume of the injected o2, to get the right po2 level, but that's only a thought.

Se7en ; JJ

Poseidon MKVI

For now I think I will wait to buy a back mounted counter lung. I will tinker my own.

My plan is to add some bags at my wing jacket, where I could place the original tec lungs in. The only thing I'll have to change is the valve, that I can handel it easy. Maybe later add another way to inject manually (like the jj), cause the original way is impossible to reach. also i don't like the way poseidon has implemented the manual injection.

But for now with dives up to 50m I'll take the way to bailout if any error occurs.
    Last edited by Interested; 24th November 2015 at 20:36.

RBW Member Andyoak is an unknown quantity at this point Andyoak's Avatar
    Poseidon Mkvi

Talk to Martin at tecme, he can sell you a whole Poseidon BMCL conversion kit, includes manual add and third cell holder. Quite a few people I know have done it.

+ Reply to Thread