• Megalodon

50 40.98%
  • Inspiration Vision

47 38.52%
  • Other (ie. kiss/classic/boris)

25 20.49%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Poll to find out Meg or vision ???

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

Re: Poll to find out Meg or vision ???

Quote Originally Posted by Padowan
    Firstly I really like the look of the Meg from what I've seen, but I have 2 questions about it based on things I've heard and wondered how much of a problem they really are..
    1. I heard of a guy who had a breathing hose pop off the top of the head - how did this happen, I'm assuming it's very unlikely? But...
    2. With no shroud covering the gubbins on top of the unit (like an Inspo) what are the chances of damaging or dislodging something important like a breathing hose or the O2 feed? My Inspo cover is well scratched from wreck penetration.
    3. In the event of a loop flood, or water in the scrubber, how does the aluminium bear up to this caustic environment - is there any risks with this with either gasses generated or structural damage to the can?
    1. Well in order for that to happen he would have forgotten to screw it in placem the meg hoses have two orings and you push it in place, then you tighten a nut that keeps it in place. Forget to do that and you can pull the hose of.
    2. Well build, i am not afraid of anything like that happening, cant really explain why, you need to see it in person to understand, but the solenoid inlet is well protected and i have 3L bottles which protects everything else asl well. The hoses are made out of heavy duty material.
    3. M8 i have no idea, never thought of it that way, dont know what the chemical can do to ALU. But i can tell you this, i took out the mouthpiece, with the loop open, got lots of water in my exhale lung, flushed the unit and it was dry again. no problems there!

/Jonny

RBW Writer Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue's Avatar

Re: Poll to find out Meg or vision ???

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB
    3. M8 i have no idea, never thought of it that way, dont know what the chemical can do to ALU. But i can tell you this, i took out the mouthpiece, with the loop open, got lots of water in my exhale lung, flushed the unit and it was dry again. no problems there!

/Jonny
    During my training, that was one of the drills I've found more amazing. It is weird to go out of the loop with the mouthpiece open, but it's great to see all the water coming out from the exaust valve of the CL.
    Just another great feature on the Meg!

Sue

RBW Member CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Poll to find out Meg or vision ???

Am I going mad or did RBW not have a Vision v Meg debate only a short while ago?

This feels like another PADI v BSAC scenario and boy aren't we all fed up with that old chestnut.

Charlie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6