• Megalodon

50 40.98%
  • Inspiration Vision

47 38.52%
  • Other (ie. kiss/classic/boris)

25 20.49%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Poll to find out Meg or vision ???

RBW Member ajmtucke is an unknown quantity at this point ajmtucke's Avatar

Poll to find out Meg or vision ???

Ok very simple poll here to gauge to views of the rebreather massive.

Thinking of an imminent purchase, even though there don't seem to be any visions currently available anywhere !!

cheers

ash

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Re: Poll to find out Meg or vision ???

Why dont you tell us about you first and about the diving you want to do.

Simple things like amount of travel you do, whether you need a clutter free chest or wanting integrated deco can affect our reccomendations.

Cheers

Stuart

RBW Member ajmtucke is an unknown quantity at this point ajmtucke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Why dont you tell us about you first and about the diving you want to do.
    Simple things like amount of travel you do, whether you need a clutter free chest or wanting integrated deco can affect our reccomendations.
    I can do, but i was rather wanting just peoples unbiased choices...

I will be doing trimix dives on everything from 10m to 100m (eventually !!)
    Not much international travel with the unit, but quite a lot of UK travel. Have a VR3 already which would be a backup along with tables.

cheers

ash

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Picking a unit is such a subjective thing though IMHO...eg if you care about being able to resell it in the EU then your choies all of a sudden are the Insp / Evo or Boris ye ye Dolphin or Submatix ;)

I picked a Meg(with Shearwater) and that was right for me but it might not be right for you - likewise people pick Inspirations and are more than happy with them (especially with cool shit like Phis Frame)

I think if cash was no limit I would have a Meg, Sport Kiss, Boris oh and maybe a 15.5 as well ;)

New Member James is an unknown quantity at this point James's Avatar

I find diving on the vision very easy which comes in handy when I'm doing video work. I think it is the most user friendly unit on the market and at the moment it is the best overall package. It isn't rated to go more than 100m, but how many 100m+ dives do most people do?

I like the Megs build quality & design, but I think its electronics are a long way behind the vision.

James.

Decodiver

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Picking a unit is such a subjective thing though IMHO...eg if you care about being able to resell it in the EU then your choies all of a sudden are the Insp / Evo or Boris ye ye Dolphin or Submatix ;)
    Sorry Stu but this is not true, CE is not needed to sell a second hand unit in any way.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Decodiver

Quote Originally Posted by James
    I find diving on the vision very easy which comes in handy when I'm doing video work. I think it is the most user friendly unit on the market and at the moment it is the best overall package. It isn't rated to go more than 100m, but how many 100m+ dives do most people do?

I like the Megs build quality & design, but I think its electronics are a long way behind the vision.

James.
    James,

Have you dived both?

I do.

If not I do not see how you can make that comparison.

I teach both units to mixed gas level and am an IT on the Inspiration and Evolution.

For shear modularity and build quality the Meg gets my vote.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.
    Last edited by Decodiver; 6th June 2006 at 19:26.

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver
    Sorry Stu but this is not true, CE is not needed to sell a second hand unit in any way.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Err. dont think that is right Dave, if you sell a second hand non CE rebreather in the EU you are technically breaking the laws of CE mark. If you buy a non ce rebreather and sell it to a student or anyone for that matter, you become the "importer" and all the liability issues that go with it, such as product liability insurance, responsibility for the CE mark (or lack of it) In short if you do this transaction and something goes wrong you could be in a world of Pain!!

Dave

Unless some one showed me case law which established that you can legally sell a non CE marked unit in Europe then you would be barking to do it...

Whether it is new or second hand is irrelevant.....If you sold it and anything happened to the person diving it - then your going to be in a world of pain as Dave (T) so elequantly put it! Like possibly being liable for all their lost earnings to their family....not a risk I would be willing to take.

Stuart

Decodiver

Quote Originally Posted by dave t
    Err. dont think that is right Dave, if you sell a second hand non CE rebreather in the EU you are technically breaking the laws of CE mark. If you buy a non ce rebreather and sell it to a student or anyone for that matter, you become the "importer" and all the liability issues that go with it, such as product liability insurance, responsibility for the CE mark (or lack of it) In short if you do this transaction and something goes wrong you could be in a world of Pain!!

Dave
    Sorry Dave I do not agree. As an instructor yes this is precluded but as a non commercial entity ie diver to diver I see no issues.

Hence the sale of second hand KISS's and Hammerheads and Megs etc.

Dave.
    Last edited by Decodiver; 6th June 2006 at 21:06.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast