+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drager Dolphin Instructor and other questions

RBW Member elmilligano is an unknown quantity at this point elmilligano's Avatar
    AP Inspiration

Drager Dolphin Instructor and other questions

Hi,

I just bought a Dolphin and I'm trying to find someone to train me on the unit in Scotland / North of England. Anyone have any suggestions?

Secondly, what setup do people use for PPO2 monitoring on the Dolphin?

Thirdly, I've seen that some people have nice metal cages for their Dolphins so they can side mount 7L cylinders on to the side. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this? Are the metal cages custom made?

Thanks.

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

Re: Drager Dolphin Instructor and other questions

Hi

I can recommend an instructor in Canada - if you can get to the Toronto area, probably the guy who knows the Dolphin the best

PO2 monitoring is done through Oxygauge, Revodream, or running a 1-3 sensor module with Fischer cable to a computer. Oxy2 and other wireless options also exist but are harder to find. Check with Martin at TecMe.de and he can hook you up with some solutions.

The cage you are looking at is the V4tec backplate adaptor - they have some goodies if you don't use the standard Dolphin BCD - I think they still make the adaptor if you Google for their website.

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

If you are using it as an SCR, one cell monitoring will tell you if your loop is hypoxic. If you close the thing, more cells are probably a good idea.

I have a al backplate and a al replacement case. Neither of which have been used. Pm me if interested. A long way from here to you, so possibly not worth the shipping.

Peter

Monty Guest montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg's Avatar
    APOCALYPSE #032

Ray, Dolphin, PVR-BASC, IDA-71

You can try to find a metal case used or new, or plug all the holes in your plastic one and get a foundry to cast a copy of the plastic shell in aluminium. We used LM6 alloy. Hard work to get a nice fit & finish on a sand casting though! The end product is worth it IMHO. And its cheap! (if you don't factor in your time)

In addition to the above monitoring - you can build your own, buy a kit from Tecme, or PPO2.com, or use a Shearwater with P-Cell holder and Fischer cable. Not sure if an old VR3 can do FO2 - if so, you can use one of those they should be cheap and lots around ...

Happy Dolphin diving!

rgds
    monty
    Last edited by montyg; 11th November 2015 at 12:14.

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

Martin at TecMe sells a P-Port with Fischer 7 pin end. I am using one with a shearwater and it's great.

RBW Member elmilligano is an unknown quantity at this point elmilligano's Avatar
    AP Inspiration

Thanks for all the info.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

this is a link to the V4tec Frame.
    http://v4tec.de/index.php/dolphin-special-mainmenu-34

Since I cast the optional weights for that frame, if you order them through V4Tec, I'd appreciate a heads up so I can go out and buy lead.

Michael

AP Inspiration

That is a neat looking frame.

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    this is a link to the V4tec Frame.
    http://v4tec.de/index.php/dolphin-special-mainmenu-34

Since I cast the optional weights for that frame, if you order them through V4Tec, I'd appreciate a heads up so I can go out and buy lead.

Michael

Monty Guest montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg's Avatar
    APOCALYPSE #032

Ray, Dolphin, PVR-BASC, IDA-71

Some great Dolphin mod & frame building info here:

http://www.tmishop.com/

rgds
    monty

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

Hello,

here ist the shell I'm using:

http://www.hydrogom.com/shop/rebreather-shell/

Reiner

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast