Thread: Poseidon M28 Computer for mkVI/Se7en

J missionmtb is an unknown quantity at this point missionmtb's Avatar
    Se7en

mkVI

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Re: Poseidon M28 Computer for mkVI/Se7en

Is this supposed to replace the paddle? If so, that's great. I always hated having that massive device either on my arm or clipped off in front of me.

I wonder how difficult it will be for people to "upgrade" (key word when dealing with Poseidon) to this new computer? Would the unit have to be re-shipped to Sweden, or could the guys in Texas do it?

Did the guys at DEMA mention a price point and estimated availability for it? Will you actually be able to change SP's and gasses now?

Cheers - Chris

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

if this is a way to try and compete with Shearwater.... no adapter cable? not in a fischer socket?

looks interesting to say the least and kudos on the way their digital compass looks

is their sensor suite for use with a p-port? would allow them to infiltrate multiple units if that was possible.

RBW Member tkeefer is an unknown quantity at this point tkeefer's Avatar

Yes the M28 can replace the paddle, or you can use both the paddle and M28 at the same time. Upgrading is done simply by removing the paddle and installing the M28 on the same port.

ansgar Ansgar.damm is an unknown quantity at this point Ansgar.damm's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery Se7en

Red face Re: Poseidon M28 Computer for mkVI/Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by CGOUGHN  View Original Post
    Is this supposed to replace the paddle? If so, that's great. I always hated having that massive device either on my arm or clipped off in front of me.

I wonder how difficult it will be for people to "upgrade" (key word when dealing with Poseidon) to this new computer? Would the unit have to be re-shipped to Sweden, or could the guys in Texas do it?

Did the guys at DEMA mention a price point and estimated availability for it? Will you actually be able to change SP's and gasses now?

Cheers - Chris
    What I understand from the poor information that is available: It should be possible to change it by your self or least by your local dealer. The Mkvi must be upgraded first.
    Really looking forword getting rid of the huge paddle, the nintendo dive boy.

J missionmtb is an unknown quantity at this point missionmtb's Avatar
    Se7en

mkVI

I heard the same, LDS replaceable for $1800USD

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Wow. Poseidon has found yet another way to drain people's bank accounts.

Upgrade = Poseidon

That's cool. Just keep sending the unit in for upgrades. Perhaps one day you'll be able to actually dive the unit. $1800 is absolutely ridiculous. That makes the total price point with the Tec upgrades and everything else absolutely ludicrous. I remember waiting nearly 4 months for the upgrade to 60m. Good luck getting units back in good time.

Never, ever, ever again.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by CGOUGHN  View Original Post
    Wow. Poseidon has found yet another way to drain people's bank accounts.

Upgrade = Poseidon

That's cool. Just keep sending the unit in for upgrades. Perhaps one day you'll be able to actually dive the unit. $1800 is absolutely ridiculous. That makes the total price point with the Tec upgrades and everything else absolutely ludicrous. I remember waiting nearly 4 months for the upgrade to 60m. Good luck getting units back in good time.

Never, ever, ever again.
    Well, nobody is forcing you to get the new M28, right? You can still dive with the breather, right?

I am not sure in what way this is any different from AP's new computer? Surely, those who get a new unit today will be able to choose which handset they want and then, of course it will not be 1500 USD extra. However, I do agree with you that 1500-1800 USD is ridiculously priced.

And as been already said, on the Seven, it is easy fir the diver to switch it. If you want to add it to a MkVI, thats a different question. But I really don't see why you should change the paddle.

I think it's a nice addition. But I think Poseidon has overdone it, adding functionality that isn't necessary and thereby adding a couple of extra bucks to the pricetag.

New Member Tech alex is an unknown quantity at this point Tech alex's Avatar
    Ouroborus

Mk15, Poseidon Mk 6 60m

Smile Re: Poseidon M28 Computer for mkVI/Se7en

I,m glad that poseidon have brought an option to the paddle out but if that price is accurate it doesn't make the experience a particualy cheap one, (it is poseidon) as it happens i ordered and received my suunto EON a few months ago, my Mk6 is upgraded to 60m with the related extras and i have to say that due to the finesse of the suunto it has given me the back up I've always wanted when decompression diving, when i compare the separate computers towards the end of a dive the deco time obligations remain accurate to usually less than a couple of minutes to each other which i think is pretty good to say they are unrelated the suunto obviously gives stop depths rather than the time only until surface of the poseidon paddle, but they seem to compliment each other brilliantly plus the suunto has the bail out capacity with gas switching facility and the option to use it with oc only etc if needed, ok I've heard about the EON locking out but that as far as i am aware is only happening after busting stops for quite a few minutes (and I'm not that reckless)

(on a separate note my MK6 was only away for 3 weeks for the full 60m upgrade in sweden)
    Last edited by Tech alex; 9th November 2015 at 18:31.

RBW Member 724 is an unknown quantity at this point 724's Avatar
    Hollis prism 2

Poesidon MK6

I can buy a lightly used MKVI for about 1500$$ right now!
    seems to me your attaching an expensive turd to another TURD.

Poseidon's equipment is so highly priced and holds no value... they are just doing what everyone else has done! and putting a pretty wrapper on it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast