+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: flex v joki v side kick

RBW Member kurek19 is an unknown quantity at this point kurek19's Avatar
    rEvo/mccr voyager/meg/sm homeb

Re: flex v joki v side kick

Hi,
    I did some tests with flex and other sm rebs. I found that this configuration fits me well. See pics. I use it as a main unit and as a bob.
    Jarek
    Attached Images

side view
    Attached Images

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurek19  View Original Post
    Hi,
    I did some tests with flex and other sm rebs. I found that this configuration fits me well. See pics. I use it as a main unit and as a bob.
    Jarek
    What else have you tryed and then why did you get the flex

i developed some SM units like joke style but with radial scrubber see link
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...0-sm-reb-homeB
    i can say the devil is in details, i mean... the configuration and rebreather mounting. This is the key for nice WOB. Those are my findings.

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    What else have you tryed and then why did you get the flex

Quote Originally Posted by kurek19  View Original Post
    i developed some SM units like joke style but with radial scrubber see link
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...0-sm-reb-homeB
    i can say the devil is in details, i mean... the configuration and rebreather mounting. This is the key for nice WOB. Those are my findings.
    It seems right all of the side monts with the lungs up top seem to work the same bad positioning means bad WOB i will probably go with a Joki ,its closer to home,and less expensive than a flex ,i will feel less bad draging it through caves,i was thinking of using a rEvo dire am like your home build,do you know the depth it can go to ?

When position is good, wob is really nice.

What are the overall diameters of these units ?

it is like alu s80

Quote Originally Posted by deepunderground  View Original Post
    What are the overall diameters of these units ?

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    It seems right all of the side monts with the lungs up top seem to work the same bad positioning means bad WOB i will probably go with a Joki ,its closer to home,and less expensive than a flex ,i will feel less bad draging it through caves
    I used to have a Joki and now have a Flex. The Flex is much, much better. It is much more tolerant of a range of positions than the Joki, which has to be rigged "French style" behind the shoulder or it breathes terribly. The Flex can be clipped on like a normal side mount cylinder as well and still breathes fine. The Joki's scrubber is primitive - at depth you will definitely notice resistance when using 797 sorb, whereas the radial Flex scrubber is in a different league.

The Flex is also extremely well-built and robust. It is really flood tolerant for a side mount CCR - I have completed a dive with the scrubber 1/3 full of water and no hint of a caustic cocktail. The Joki is obviously homebuilt so quality can be variable: I would say it is less robust than the Flex although some may disagree. Xavier Meniscus is the leading Joki diver and he has done some impressive dives using twin Jokis. Some might even call him a little crazy…

Quote Originally Posted by apitkin  View Original Post
    I used to have a Joki and now have a Flex. The Flex is much, much better. It is much more tolerant of a range of positions than the Joki, which has to be rigged "French style" behind the shoulder or it breathes terribly. The Flex can be clipped on like a normal side mount cylinder as well and still breathes fine. The Joki's scrubber is primitive - at depth you will definitely notice resistance when using 797 sorb, whereas the radial Flex scrubber is in a different league.

The Flex is also extremely well-built and robust. It is really flood tolerant for a side mount CCR - I have completed a dive with the scrubber 1/3 full of water and no hint of a caustic cocktail. The Joki is obviously homebuilt so quality can be variable: I would say it is less robust than the Flex although some may disagree. Xavier Meniscus is the leading Joki diver and he has done some impressive dives using twin Jokis. Some might even call him a little crazy…
    The scrubber is the only difference the build is less good agread but i have talked to people who have used them side mount and it breaths ok its like the difference between a ss and a bonex ones faster shinier and more expensive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast