+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New cell for revo lower mv than old cell

RBW Member ncdeepdiver is an unknown quantity at this point ncdeepdiver's Avatar
    Revo 111 micro rms expedition

New cell for revo lower mv than old cell

I just replaced my first cell out of the five that are in my new revo. I'm doing the 6 month replacement policy. The thing is the new cell I replaced with reads 2 mv lower than all the rest including the one I took out which all read around 13.5 mv. Isn't this kinda going backwards by replacing a used sensor with a new one that has a lower mv reading? Or is there no issue with the cell having a Lower mv reading as long as it's within specs

Thx

RBW Member uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer's Avatar
    rEvo mini III Hybrid rMS

Re: New cell for revo lower mv than old cell

Each cell is unique and has its own reading in air. This value has nothing to do with the life expectancy or quality of the cell. If you'd see a drop or increase in that value from one day to the next (factoring out ambient pressure), there may be cause for concern.
    rEvo selects cells which read within a range of acceptable values.
    11 something mV is perfectly fine.
    I have a couple of cells reading in the 10+ mv in air, if that makes you feel any better.

RBW Member Andrewdd is an unknown quantity at this point Andrewdd's Avatar
    rEvoIII hCCR

I have been told in air they should read 8 to 13 and in O2 36 to 64. most are around 50 to 55 though when new.
    Faulty cells can be picked up by failing a three point check once they have been calibrated.
    That is they read 1.00 in oxygen, 0.21 in air and 1.6 at 6m in oxygen.

RBW Member ncdeepdiver is an unknown quantity at this point ncdeepdiver's Avatar
    Revo 111 micro rms expedition

Thx for info

+ Reply to Thread