+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: "Long" bottom times below 100m

Still Searching matt_reed is an unknown quantity at this point matt_reed's Avatar
    Pelagian

"Long" bottom times below 100m

Can anyone point me in the direction of information about CCR dives below 100m with bottom times of 20mins or more. I'm not really interested in anything below 150m.

I'm curious about who has been doing dives 100m-150m and actually staying down there to look at stuff rather than bounce diving.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: "Long" bottom times below 100m

What do you want to know?

Wakulla projects involved deep dives with very long bottom times.

60 to 90m deep

A few hours at that depth

Two approaches were used: semi closed and fully closed circuits

Still Searching matt_reed is an unknown quantity at this point matt_reed's Avatar
    Pelagian

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    What do you want to know?
    Well, just interested know what dives have successfully been conducted in that depth range with longer bottom times as that's my area of interest for the dives I like to do.

I guess I want to know, how deep, how long and any info about gases, stops etc. There doesn't seem much data
    Last edited by matt_reed; 1st November 2015 at 10:45.

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

You have a choice. You can either ask the question online and get answers from people who have gone and come back and assume they understand everything they are up against. Some may be right, many will not be and you will have no way of knowing.

Or you can consider coming to the Add Helium expedition seminar. In this seminar we do not operate from "best guess". This seminar presents the latest information based on actually studies and information that pertain to the way we dive, not studies from the commercial industry or the Navy, which have almost nothing to do with the way we dive.

Diving beyond 100 meters is not just the same thing only deeper. Your dive planners and computers may give you schedules but due to many complexities they become less accurate with more depth and time. You need to learn how to "bend" a profile according to your conditions and manage things in ways that are not similar to diving shallower than 100 meters.

At the end of the day, lots of people go and come back. But few people understand the complexities they are subjecting themselves to and they are exercising a certain level of luck, instead of knowledge. Come and get an education so you can decide for yourself the best way to attempt this kind of diving.

The Add Helium seminar brings to light the information we have discovered through research and vetting by our team of doctors, scientist's and extreme divers. For an example of our work, take a look at the Add Helium Science library, one of the few places a diver can find studies and information to help them understand what research is bringing to light.
    Last edited by PSotis; 1st November 2015 at 12:51.

RBW Member Yamahadrummer is an unknown quantity at this point Yamahadrummer's Avatar

For those of us who aren't able to attend an Add Helium expedition seminar in the near future, is (or will) this presentation (be) available on-line?

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by Yamahadrummer  View Original Post
    For those of us who aren't able to attend an Add Helium expedition seminar in the near future, is (or will) this presentation (be) available on-line?
    You know...some things are free and others you just have to come and pay for it.

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by Yamahadrummer  View Original Post

Many things that are complex cannot be learned well just by listening in. The most important part about this seminar is that it's not divers being lectured too. It's an interactive process as we go over information and studies. This allows people to fully learn what is important to them. In addition, the dives we take are something that are important to the entire process. It's not a class...you don't get a certification card. It's a limited space program that offers a lot of one-on-one. Hopefully, you will be attend one day.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by PSotis  View Original Post
    Many things that are complex cannot be learned well just by listening in. The most important part about this seminar is that it's not divers being lectured too. It's an interactive process as we go over information and studies. This allows people to fully learn what is important to them. In addition, the dives we take are something that are important to the entire process. It's not a class...you don't get a certification card. It's a limited space program that offers a lot of one-on-one. Hopefully, you will be attend one day.
    Having attended a couple of these, I will confirm that pre/post dive discussions are vital to the actual dive. Hope to attend another soon!

RBW Member Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by PSotis  View Original Post
    Whilst I appreciate what you're saying, and I'm sure the kind of workshops you're holding/advocating are valuable, I'm very aware that "I don't know what I don't know".

What are the topic areas which you feel divers don't appreciate?

Basically I'm looking to get an idea of what you feel the dangers are, even if you feel this isn't the correct forum for discussing ways of mitigating those dangers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast