+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaking shrimp

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Leaking shrimp

Since about six dives now i have been having water entering my shrimp which now Has become quite a bit the machine holds poss and neg i have take the mouth piece off and if you suck with your hand blocking the side that goes on the shrimp it makes a vacum so i dont think it has a hole ,( with the mouth piece on the shrimp ,if i blow hard on cc in the water i get i slow stream of bubbles and with all the hoses removed and blocked when blowing hard i can feel the hear air escaping,though with the mouth piece off when l blow into the shrimp with the mouth piece off it does not leek so the mouth piece seems to be leaking around the mouth piece i have tryed to put some ptfe tape on the shrimp under the mouth piece but still no joy has any one else had this and how did you cure it,lm getting realy pissed off at it ,it was fine at the begining?
    Cheers Darrell

RBW Member andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp's Avatar

Re: Leaking shrimp

My dive mate has the same problem developing on a Shrimp.

We suspect that it is related with the positioning of the 2nd stage lever, needs to have a larger gap to the membrane.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: Leaking shrimp

I had the same issue and resolved it by putting a small bead of silicone the shrimp before putting the mouthpiece back on. I could have put a new mouth piece on but it is a Seacure that I like a lot. Good luck!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    Since about six dives now i have been having water entering my shrimp which now Has become quite a bit the machine holds poss and neg i have take the mouth piece off and if you suck with your hand blocking the side that goes on the shrimp it makes a vacum so i dont think it has a hole ,( with the mouth piece on the shrimp ,if i blow hard on cc in the water i get i slow stream of bubbles and with all the hoses removed and blocked when blowing hard i can feel the hear air escaping,though with the mouth piece off when l blow into the shrimp with the mouth piece off it does not leek so the mouth piece seems to be leaking around the mouth piece i have tryed to put some ptfe tape on the shrimp under the mouth piece but still no joy has any one else had this and how did you cure it,lm getting realy pissed off at it ,it was fine at the begining?
    Cheers Darrell

+ Reply to Thread