+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stephanie from Germany

RBW Member Stephanie is an unknown quantity at this point Stephanie's Avatar
    none

Stephanie from Germany

Good evening,
    my name is Stephanie and I'm living in the south of Germany, near the lake Constance. I am thinking about "converting to the other side" and I focus on two rebreathers, rEvo and JJ.
    At the time being I'm finishing the normoxic trimix training and I expect that most of my dives will lead me to max. 60 m. I don't want to eliminate the option to go deeper later (full trimix), but first I have to gain experience. I want to come back to the surface safe and healthy.

Any recommendations of your side, which rebreather you would prefer (rEvo or JJ) for above mentioned dives and why? I'm no cave diver, but a wreck dive is always nice and an option.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts and have a nice evening,
    Stephanie

RBW Member Zuercher is an unknown quantity at this point Zuercher's Avatar
    JJ-CCR,Triton M3S

Ap Inspiration Classic

Re: Stephanie from Germany

You should do try dive with both units to find out which one you prefer. I dive with JJ an so many of my friends from your area also. Im happy with my unit and not going to change my JJ to rEvo. I think many rEvo divers will say same about their units.

RBW Member Neptoone is an unknown quantity at this point Neptoone's Avatar
    Submatix Quantum Mini

Hallo Stephanie

Living in Germany don't you feel seduced by submatix rebreathers? I have one and it works great.

Wellcome to the forum!

RBW Member 1Digger is an unknown quantity at this point 1Digger's Avatar
    mini Quantum, 100, Proteus

Neptoone I agree with you.
    Submatix is based 5 hours north of you and I am sure if you asked them for a try dive they would be helpful.
    SUBMATIX GmbH & Co. KG
    Hinter der Rennbahn 10
    99089 Erfurt

Thüringen
    Deutschland
    +49 361 653 70 30 +49 361 653 70 31
    http://www.submatix.com Kontaktformular

RBW Member Madmark555 is an unknown quantity at this point Madmark555's Avatar
    rEvo micro expedition

Hi Stephanie,
    I dont know the JJ but i am very happy with my rEvo.
    If you choose a micro, you will have a very light and thin unit, quite a simple, efficient and robust design. Setting up and checking the machine is easy and quick.
    The 5 cells and the dual scrubber really make a difference, go on rEvo website download section, you will find documents explaining that better than i would.
    If you choose an micro expedition with two rEvo dreams, you have a triple redundancy which is also great.
    The work of breathing is incredible,

(i dont work for rEvo, just love my unit ^^)

[edited for typo]

Hi Stephanie

Don't know the rEvo but I am very happy with my JJ and I think you can't go wrong with either one. Diving the JJ for 3 yrs now and never had to skip a dive - JJ works like a breeze, rock solid and also maintenance is easy. JJ population in Germany and Switzerland is growing fast and all divers I know are very happy with their JJs. But on the other hand it is hard to find divers who not love their unit... I think it is best to test and dive both if you have the possibility.

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Hello Stephanie,

Welcome to RBW!

Like you, I was excited and full of anticipation when I was crossing over from OC to the Dark. But, having seen some of the divers with their RB in the conventional tower scrubber, I set my eyes on the rEvo. Since then; I was deeply in love with it, considering a small Asian standing at 1.6m, Micro FT is all I need.

It's so easy and fun to dive the rEvo. Easy to set up..pack scrubbers and maintain too.

http://youtu.be/WaRp0fZ_4cs

Send from P5
    Last edited by Jacqueline; 14th October 2015 at 10:50.

RBW Member ChrigelKarrer is an unknown quantity at this point ChrigelKarrer's Avatar
    Poseidon SE7EN

Stephanie,
    as you probably already discovered, Rebreathers are expensive ...

I suggest you that you do some try dives to feel them to be able to choose the one who fit your practical needs. There is nothing worst than to dive with a "uncomfortable" rebrather and a try dive with the rebreathers of your choice will clear some of your doubts.
    Today are a lot of excellent rebreathers on the market and all work fine,
    but they have differences regarding size and wight, ease of maintenance, time to set-up, use of pre-packed scrubber or refillable, etc, etc.

I personally did my first dive with a Dräger Dolphin and it was love on the first sight but then some years later i did a try dive with a Poseidon and i found the rebreather i want and need. For my personal use the Poseidon is perfect and i see no reason why i should switch to a "more sophisticate" tec rebreather, as i don't do tec diving, but if i should start to go deeper than 40 meters i still can upgrade my Poseidon to do TMX and go deep (even if it is not the perfect ccr for that)

As you already dive with TMX you may go for a rebreather designed for TMX diving,
    but as i wrote, try to dive them before you pull the trigger and bu your own.

Chris

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Obviously... Needless to say, Rebreathers are expensive.. so, why not settle for a good, comfortable one, which can allow you to do recreational depth and technical depth than to upgrade it later when you feel like upgrading your level, which you'll spend even more $$$?

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    Obviously... Needless to say, Rebreathers are expensive.. so, why not settle for a good, comfortable one, which can allow you to do recreational depth and technical depth than to upgrade it later when you feel like upgrading your level, which you'll spend even more $$$?
    +1 , And I also look at the price of second hand ones, not really to buy but then I know what to expect if I ever consider to sell! Some units go cheap second hand , others stay expensive , a little like Mercedes or a Japanese car. Both are good but there's a reason why you get more back for Mercedes ;)

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast