+ Reply to Thread

Thread: upload to gallery

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

upload to gallery

I am having trouble getting pics up on RBW. I originally just put links to my dropbox account where the pics are stored but they don't display anymore so I decided to upload them to RBW.
    When I try to upload I get files are too large to process message. I have reduced the pics to <300k but still get this message.
    What' going wrong?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: upload to gallery

Hi Dave,

Try logging out then back in again. Checkmark the pictures. Make sure there not to big.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar

CCR Instructor Trainer

nope still no joy
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    nope still no joy

Hi Dave,

I am sure when Eric has a free moment he'll help you with this.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Hi Dave,

I am sure when Eric has a free moment he'll help you with this.

Best regards,
    He's on it, thanks.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member rba is an unknown quantity at this point rba's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    He's on it, thanks.
    How is the work going, it still don´t work.

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

I am not 100% sure about this but let me shed some light. Regarding posting pictures on the gallery. in the past when I worked with beanie, Curt Bowen and Eric , they initialize and activated the gallery section when we had a new show event coming up. For this conversation let's call these above guys the forum webmaster at that time. Once the new gallery was created and given a name by me, then I could upload pictures on to it. The part that I'm not sure about... I think this might be true that once a gallery has been up for a long time I don't think you can then go back and up load more pictures to the gallery??? This part is not clear to me and we need to understand how this part works.

On another note I can tell you that uploading pictures has never been easy, even going back to 2007. It's a very time consuming process. If the file sizes too large or you try to upload too many pictures at once it will fail and then you have to start over again. In addition to uploading pictures you also label and ID them with text, giving each picture or name and identity . this all takes a lot of time. Last year when Eric made the change to the forum it also changed the software of how pictures are of loaded. Remember we now have a different looking website. Part of the reason why this was done is to give more space so that we have more storage capacity to load more pictures for the future onto the fourm. I hope that this helps and will create some dialogue regarding this topic. I wish I could be more helpful but it's not my area of expertise to go in and start making changes on the website, I don't have this kind of computer background.

Best regards,
    Chett
    Last edited by Chett.L; 12th December 2015 at 18:35.
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread