+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Making the jump

RBW Member 1982shawn is an unknown quantity at this point 1982shawn's Avatar
    N/A

Making the jump

So, for over two years now I have been thinking about making the move to the dark side. I've saved up enough and am now researching my first purchase and training.

RBW Member Danseur is an unknown quantity at this point Danseur's Avatar

Re: Making the jump

So, where does that leave you in your thinking?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1982shawn  View Original Post
    So, for over two years now I have been thinking about making the move to the dark side. I've saved up enough and am now researching my first purchase and training.

Im in the same boat - but on the verge of wiring the money for one.

What unit(s) are you considering?

N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Danseur  View Original Post
    So, where does that leave you in your thinking?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I'm buying and getting trained on one, as soon as i have done enough research and spoken with enough people to make an informed decision.

N/A

Quote Originally Posted by manni-yunk  View Original Post

I am leaning towards the Meg, or rEvo but at this point still open to suggestions.

Best suggestion I can make is talk with Peter at addhelium. You will get the chance to try any rebreather and great info on those rebreathers. It's nice not having to hear that "this one" is the best. If it helps I dive a Meg I like and I have found over the years pros and cons.

N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Barnes  View Original Post
    Best suggestion I can make is talk with Peter at addhelium. You will get the chance to try any rebreather and great info on those rebreathers. It's nice not having to hear that "this one" is the best. If it helps I dive a Meg I like and I have found over the years pros and cons.
    Thanks. The advice i have been given so far is to attend "try-out days" for several different units. Research the pro's and con's of the units and make a list of about 3 or 4 that i am interested in. Next do the research on the accident reports from DAN on the selected 3 to 4 units and narrow it down to 1 to 2 units. Lastly talk to as many users of those 1 to 2 units as possible and get a wide spread opinion base(instructors, owners, manufacturers, etc.) before choosing one.

Any other advise to throw in there?

The way i see it, i have about 3 to 4 months of reading ahead of me.

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    Meg

Having just made the jump, myself, and done my training with Add Helium, I would heartily agree with Sean Barnes advice. The staff there have experience with a very wide array of rebreathers, and I found their input and advice very open and transparent. Doing the research is a lot of fun, but having someone that can give you honest feedback is beyond value.

Best of luck on this new adventure, and it will be quite the adventure!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by manni-yunk  View Original Post

Nice looking boat.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

I made this switch in June. Over 50 dives later, not a regret. I also went through add helium. I made my selection before getting there, but it was still a great Learning experience to look at and ask questions about the other units.

I went through the he same process you are going through, good luck and have fun.

If you have any questions for a new rEvo diver feel free to ask.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast