+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MK15 with a new BlackBox

RBW Member caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99's Avatar
    eStroke

MK15 with a new BlackBox

I thought it was time for me for another BlackBox project.

This time a nice unique "BB" upgrade was made for a 35 year old Mark 15 in nice conditions. Besides of the electronics all is in good shape

again, just a short text of what I did and some rush pics to enjoy (..or not...)

The original electronics was not working anymore. So I ripped all "unnecessary" things of the unit.....see pictures...but to leave it as original as possible
    -a new solenoid in a BB was added (no need to open, no batteries in, only solenoid and wires, away from loop and moisture)
    the solenoid box including holder is made from one solid piece to fit nice the original holes for fixing it and still giving enough space for the first stages and hoses below
    yes, the controller unit (including BB is easy removable in case....)

This time no CMF or orifice kit is added

-the Swagelok fittings on the tubing were modified/adapted to standard scuba fittings to connect standard O2 an Dil hoses to the original system

- a new controller unit AV1 was added
    -the secondary was replaced by a AV1 standard computer

-the original cable connectors were used to connect controller and secondary in the same way it was done before, as the internal wiring and resistors were fine.
    -the original cell holders and their cables were used because it is need for the top lid of the scrubber, just a special adapter was made to hold PSR 11 39 TME cells (others are too big)

--300 bar carbon fiber tanks were added
    --Flex hoses were added to connect the gases
    --all hoses and wires are long enough, so it easy to take off, refill and refit tanks without problems

As the original mouthpiece and breathing hoses were not available (rotten..) a standard Submatix loop (basically similar diameter in breathing hoses and was available...) was added with quick connectors

Greets
    M
    Attached Images

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Re: MK15 with a new BlackBox

This is very cool. Well done.

Cheers - Chris

RBW Member mick4707 is an unknown quantity at this point mick4707's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Are those the Draeger spheres that are wrapped and for SCBA? Interested in how they last underwater, have you been using them for very long?

RBW Member caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99's Avatar
    eStroke

Quote Originally Posted by mick4707  View Original Post
    Are those the Draeger spheres that are wrapped and for SCBA? Interested in how they last underwater, have you been using them for very long?
    They are normally not really for water use. But have used them (also the standard straight versions) in the past often for diving..no problems, also fine for travelling..
    But as they are "cheap" to get (mostly below 100 Euro per tank) it does not matter if one is scratched or so after 2-3 years...I have some of them....(NO I am NOT selling one!)
    So in case..I just swap these tanks to new...better than buying the steel models...
    Cheers
    M

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Nice job, love the thought you put into this!

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

Very nice martin.

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Nice work Martin.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Wow, Nice looking work!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

New Member Bert is an unknown quantity at this point Bert's Avatar
    Ouroboros, Meg, Inspy, IDA-71

Dräger FGT, Dräger RAY

Wow! So great!
    Did you make the black box by yourself or is it made by mr Alexey in Russia?

Would be nice to se how the black box looks inside

I have dived an Inspy with AV1 electronics.
    Like it!

Any one having a MK15 or MK15.5 for sale?
    Does not need to have working electronics.

Sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by Bert; 3rd August 2016 at 15:21.

+ Reply to Thread