+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metal sub torch problems

RBW Member Ericcampbell is an unknown quantity at this point Ericcampbell's Avatar

Metal sub torch problems

Hi there,
    I have a metal sub with a doggy cable that needs fixing I'd like to do it myself rather than send it away. Does any body know how to disassemble the head of a hid metal sub torch so I can access the wiring. I've looked at it put I can't seem to see a way in. I don't want to do damage, but surely it can't be that hard?
    Thanks
    Eric
    Last edited by Ericcampbell; 5th October 2015 at 21:39.

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: Metal sub torch problems

Hi Eric,
    I have a 24W HID head and I never found how to disassemble it!

RBW Member nwindle will become famous soon enough nwindle will become famous soon enough nwindle will become famous soon enough nwindle will become famous soon enough nwindle's Avatar

has anyone every replayed to this.

They charge a lot last time i had to send it back so i would prefer to have a go my self and if doesn't work i have lost nothing

RBW Member P-A is an unknown quantity at this point P-A's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Ericcampbell  View Original Post
    Hi there,
    I have a metal sub with a doggy cable that needs fixing I'd like to do it myself rather than send it away. Does any body know how to disassemble the head of a hid metal sub torch so I can access the wiring. I've looked at it put I can't seem to see a way in. I don't want to do damage, but surely it can't be that hard?
    Thanks
    Eric
    It's quite easy. Just start to dismantle from the cable connection side. The replacmement cable will need soldering but it's not a big deal if you know what you are doing.

+ Reply to Thread