+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Diving in France with a non ce RB

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

Re: Diving in France with a non ce RB

Quote Originally Posted by ntokyo  View Original Post
    To avoid to go into rumours, find below the text of law regulating Diving in France (CDS)

Article 382-94 is related to rebreather. It applies for diving into structure (commercial or not) on all French territory

http://www.ffessm.fr/ckfinder/userfi...20222_0044.pdf

To make it short, with this text the structure will be violating this regulation by welcoming you with non-CE rebreather. And will be fully liable in case of accident.

Right or not. Not right bash the diving shop. You should complain about the french regulation.

To answer to your question. If you want to dive into structure in France with a non-CE unit forget about it... You go into too much trouble, an nobody will go into taking LEGAL risk for this.

Some divers do not even try to customize their CE machine, sometimes to avoid to lose the CE Certification
    I have a non-CE Megalodon and rEvo 2 mCCR. And do not try to dive in France. Azimuth CE zqs fine though.....
    Wow, guess I was completely wrong. I have never heard of this regulation. I wonder if there are other countries in the EU that fall under the same kind of regulation? Thanks for bringing the facts to our attention.

just bring bottles in to the shop and not anything else. they wont know any better.

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Yes thanks Don i was thinking about a sticker or not telling anyone and just getting on the boat but a UT 240 looks a bit different l have an AP but thats in England till Dec

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Management of the dive shop can refuse service to anyone they want, even if it is out of ignorance or stupidity. And some people just don't want to be educated.

Take a CE rebreather and change part of the loop, such as putting on a BOV. It is no longer technically a CE certified rebreather since that configuration was not passed in CE testing. At least that's my understanding. But no one comes along and removes the CE sticker when that happens. If you can educate the shop about that, maybe they will take their heads out of their arses.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member Tim1 is an unknown quantity at this point Tim1's Avatar
    JJ CCR, Hammerhead, Flex

Sentinel

You are correct Ken. Change anything or replace a component with a non OEM part and CE become invalid.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Yup i also knew that but if i start having a go at the guy at the dive club half of my mates with APs and shrimps might also get bannd , they might be a bit pissed at me for that one.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    Yup i also knew that but if i start having a go at the guy at the dive club half of my mates with APs and shrimps might also get bannd , they might be a bit pissed at me for that one.
    Maybe a tip in advance and a bottle of single malt does the trick ;)

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

still learning... gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan's Avatar

UT240, thats one serious bit of kit, love to see some pics...

RBW Member wwjk is an unknown quantity at this point wwjk's Avatar
    SF2

I've been this summer at the region (Hyeres) with my CE-certified CCR, no problems.
    But the french law (btw: This law exists only in France, not in the rest of Europe) is quite clear: You need CMAS Level3+the license for you CE-rebreather, then you're welcome.

Non-CE=no diving with a center.

Nobody asks for modifying, BOVs or whatever...

RBW Member ntokyo is an unknown quantity at this point ntokyo's Avatar
    Copis Hammer Mini

rEvo II mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by PSotis  View Original Post
    Wow, guess I was completely wrong. I have never heard of this regulation. I wonder if there are other countries in the EU that fall under the same kind of regulation? Thanks for bringing the facts to our attention.
    In that case, shop is not to blame...
    This regulation has been put in place originally to protect the local leisure market. It is a protectionist law aiming mainly at preventing EC regulation to prevail in France and protect local diving CMAS association. PADI is not listed....
    For Rebreather, strangely it is the opposite, they enforce EU regulation to have a rebreather compliant with EC regulation, I guess there is no french rebreather to protect....

To my knowledge, France is an exception in Europe.

Homebuilder usually dive by themselves. In structure the "Diving Director" is fully liable in case of accident (guy who is responsible for deciding of the dive limits of everybody on the boat. An other french exception...).

Kind Regards,

Nicolas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast