+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Diving in France with a non ce RB

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Diving in France with a non ce RB

Can some one in France help me l am suposed to go to France at the end of the week ,whats the law on non ce machines? The dive center sayes only ce machines (ā l'eau plongee 83) Will i get automaticly refused?

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: Diving in France with a non ce RB

Don't mention it next time, there is no law in Europe that says you can t dive without cert or ce

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

CE has no bearing on your ability to dive in Europe. The business owner is either ill informed or someone who wishes to push his belief's on you...I would suspect its the latter. We have a name for these sorts...they are called the "Scuba Police".

Its unfortunate when a local dive shop uses excuses to exclude you from providing you services simply because they have a preference for certain products. What they are saying is "we don't want your money unless you do it our way". Wow, they are clearly "business geniuses" and the limited success (if any) of their company will speak for itself.

Whenever I find a business that does not want my money, I go elsewhere. Not out of spite. I simply wish to go where people want my business and will treat me accordingly. In time you will notice that company in question will go out of business or even worse, they never grow. This sort of anti-customer service is the reason so many businesses fail in the industry. They act like they are doing customers a favor for providing services to them.

Go with companies that welcome your business and treat you like a customer. Even if this company in question were to allow you to work with them, can you imagine how limited your service would be when you get there? All I can say is, WOW and RUN!
    Last edited by PSotis; 3rd October 2015 at 21:11.

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    Don't mention it next time, there is no law in Europe that says you can t dive without cert or ce

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd
    Are you sure about that becouse if i do 6 he driving to have some one tell me your not diving insults would be in order then l would just drive strait back

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    Are you sure about that becouse if i do 6 he driving to have some one tell me your not diving insults would be in order then l would just drive strait back
    Can't guarantee that you won't run into more of this ignorance, but I can tell you that there is no law preventing you from doing it. Keep in mind, this is the dive industry, many operators feel they exempt from normal business practices or they have no idea what normal business practices are...its usually the latter.

RBW Member Tim1 is an unknown quantity at this point Tim1's Avatar
    JJ CCR, Hammerhead, Flex

Sentinel

In my experience the French can be a law unto themselves... So, maybe just go online to Ebay and buy a few 'CE stickers'? Sadly and despite there not being any regulations in EU regarding the use of non-CE rigs (other than use in formal instruction), a mainstream UK operation denies entry to their coaching camp by participants who use non-CE rigs.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

What unit will you dive?

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Nubium  View Original Post
    What unit will you dive?
    One with a CE sticker.

Sorry, I could not resist.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member ntokyo is an unknown quantity at this point ntokyo's Avatar
    Copis Hammer Mini

rEvo II mCCR

To avoid to go into rumours, find below the text of law regulating Diving in France (CDS)

Article 382-94 is related to rebreather. It applies for diving into structure (commercial or not) on all French territory

http://www.ffessm.fr/ckfinder/userfi...20222_0044.pdf

To make it short, with this text the structure will be violating this regulation by welcoming you with non-CE rebreather. And will be fully liable in case of accident.

Right or not. Not right bash the diving shop. You should complain about the french regulation.

To answer to your question. If you want to dive into structure in France with a non-CE unit forget about it... You go into too much trouble, an nobody will go into taking LEGAL risk for this.

Some divers do not even try to customize their CE machine, sometimes to avoid to lose the CE Certification
    I have a non-CE Megalodon and rEvo 2 mCCR. And do not try to dive in France. Azimuth CE zqs fine though.....

RBW Member Tim1 is an unknown quantity at this point Tim1's Avatar
    JJ CCR, Hammerhead, Flex

Sentinel

So much for harmonised EU regulations...

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast