+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hollis customer service

  1. #1
    RBW Member 724 is an unknown quantity at this point 724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Deltona Florida
    Posts
    22
    Hollis prism 2

    Poesidon MK6

    Hollis customer service

    Hello All,


    I have only been diving rebreathers for about 2 years. My recent purchase was a Hollis Prism2.. Brand new.


    I have a ton of Hollis equipment from BC's to masks.. Anyway trying to deal with their warranty / service department has been a nightmare for me.. I feel like they said thanks for
    the large amount of money you spent Now spend more or get LOST!!!!


    Any recommendations or people out there like me??? Maybe one of you might have a number to their management you could pass along??




    Sincerely,
    One pissed off customer!

  2. #2
    RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA, NY
    Posts
    606
    MK15.5, MK25

    Re: Hollis customer service

    Quote Originally Posted by 724  View Original Post
    Hello All,


    I have only been diving rebreathers for about 2 years. My recent purchase was a Hollis Prism2.. Brand new.


    I have a ton of Hollis equipment from BC's to masks.. Anyway trying to deal with their warranty / service department has been a nightmare for me.. I feel like they said thanks for
    the large amount of money you spent Now spend more or get LOST!!!!


    Any recommendations or people out there like me??? Maybe one of you might have a number to their management you could pass along??




    Sincerely,
    One pissed off customer!
    Some manufactures don't like to deal direct to end customers, they prefer that you go through your local dive shop (LDS) or wherever you purchase your gear. Have you tried that route? They will usually listen to a shop that buys in bulk before a customer (as crappy as that is.)

  3. #3
    RBW Member marshall8hp is an unknown quantity at this point marshall8hp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    Explorer - LAR V

    Re: Hollis customer service

    I have found the best way to deal with Hollis issues like that is to post your comments on the Hollis Rebreather Divers Facebook page and tag Nick Hollis on every post. It has worked for me .......

  4. #4
    Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    3,787
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

    CCR Instructor Trainer

    Re: Hollis customer service

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall8hp  View Original Post
    I have found the best way to deal with Hollis issues like that is to post your comments on the Hollis Rebreather Divers Facebook page and tag Nick Hollis on every post. It has worked for me .......
    That is actually correct. If Nick knows about it he will take action and he does care about customer satisfaction. I can't speak for everyone in Hollis but the boss man does care about making you happy. Let us know how you make out.
    Cheers,

    Dave....

    www.wedivebc.com

  5. #5
    RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    138

    Re: Hollis customer service

    I will Never again buy anything from Hollis. NOTHING. I spent years with issues on lights.

    When Nick got involved with my light issue - they always got fixed. The problem has been that I havent had Nick involved recently and my Hollis lights are HORRIBLE.

    I recently PAID for a new head and on the first dive - it flooded. First of all, they should have repaired my old head, but since parts were not available they made me buy a new one at a "reduced" cost. Lasted one dive. I finally ponied up and bought a UWLD.

    Im giving the hollis lights away and never getting anythign with their name again.

    Its a shame. If it wasnt for their horrible service, I would have been more patient. They are terrible at follow up. (aside from Nick).

  6. #6
    RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dubizzle (fo rizzle)
    Posts
    55

    Re: Hollis customer service

    Quote Originally Posted by manni-yunk  View Original Post
    I will Never again buy anything from Hollis. NOTHING. I spent years with issues on lights.

    When Nick got involved with my light issue - they always got fixed. The problem has been that I havent had Nick involved recently and my Hollis lights are HORRIBLE.

    I recently PAID for a new head and on the first dive - it flooded. First of all, they should have repaired my old head, but since parts were not available they made me buy a new one at a "reduced" cost. Lasted one dive. I finally ponied up and bought a UWLD.

    Im giving the hollis lights away and never getting anythign with their name again.

    Its a shame. If it wasnt for their horrible service, I would have been more patient. They are terrible at follow up. (aside from Nick).
    I love my UWLD. Glad I went with it right from the beginning.

    If you're giving them away, I've been looking for one to take apart and do some tinkering.....

  7. #7
    Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deerfield_Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,025
    rEvo

    Defender Optima Dolphin

    Re: Hollis customer service

    From my observations of the forums and Facebook, it appears that their customer service is extremely hit or miss. This has also been my personal experience with them.

    I have found that emails are not the way to go and a direct phone call works best. As others have already stated, if you get Nick involved you will have the best luck.

    With my last light issue it took a long time but they finally went above and beyond to satisfy my wants for repair.

    It really is a damn shame that it takes so much effort and public posting to get them off their asses and do something though.
    .
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing





    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

  8. #8
    RBW Member 724 is an unknown quantity at this point 724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Deltona Florida
    Posts
    22
    Hollis prism 2

    Poesidon MK6

    Re: Hollis customer service

    I want to thank you all for the information!!


    20 minutes after posting this thread Hollis e-mailed me and all of the sudden BOOM!!


    they are sending me my parts??


    Before this thread they wanted me to send them pictures of my purchase receipts..
    Why even bother registering your gear on their website? All I needed was a scrubber bucket latch.


    Well all I can say is I will be saying Hello at DEMA this year!!!

  9. #9
    RBW Member 724 is an unknown quantity at this point 724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Deltona Florida
    Posts
    22
    Hollis prism 2

    Poesidon MK6

    Re: Hollis customer service

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    From my observations of the forums and Facebook, it appears that their customer service is extremely hit or miss. This has also been my personal experience with them.

    I have found that emails are not the way to go and a direct phone call works best. As others have already stated, if you get Nick involved you will have the best luck.

    With my last light issue it took a long time but they finally went above and beyond to satisfy my wants for repair.

    It really is a damn shame that it takes so much effort and public posting to get them off their asses and do something though.




    I never have issues with places like ADD HELIUM or my local dive shop because their business has been built off of relationships!! its a shame some companies cant see that!!

  10. #10
    Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deerfield_Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,025
    rEvo

    Defender Optima Dolphin

    Re: Hollis customer service

    Quote Originally Posted by 724  View Original Post
    I never have issues with places like ADD HELIUM or my local dive shop because their business has been built off of relationships!! its a shame some companies cant see that!!
    I agree! I know of one local dive shop, one further away dive shop, and one cave country dive shop that all tell me that they hate dealing with Hollis in regards to warranty or service due to how difficult and time consuming it is. They say that it makes they look like idiots because they can not give honest answers to time frames.

    Maybe I just talk to the wrong shops or it was a "bad day" when we spoke, but I think Hollis needs to address this issue in a company wide manner. Communication can go a long way when it comes to this sort of thing.
    .
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing





    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts