+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking at joining your Dark Side

RBW Member olphart is an unknown quantity at this point olphart's Avatar

Looking at joining your Dark Side

Getting too old to be hauling big tanks, and using more air than I used to, so I've been thinking that RB might be the answer.

Couldn't care less about going much deeper than about 150'. Much more than an hour in 35deg water would have me shivering even with my heavy undies, so I've been looking for something relatively light, on the recreational end of the spectrum.
    I normally dive sidemount, but doing more and more single tank/H valve for solo.
    I dive everything from ice to Caribbean, lots of wrecks.
    So far, I've looked at the Explorer a bit, but haven't really looked at other options yet

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Re: Looking at joining your Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by olphart  View Original Post
    Getting too old to be hauling big tanks, and using more air than I used to, so I've been thinking that RB might be the answer.

Couldn't care less about going much deeper than about 150'. Much more than an hour in 35deg water would have me shivering even with my heavy undies, so I've been looking for something relatively light, on the recreational end of the spectrum.
    I normally dive sidemount, but doing more and more single tank/H valve for solo.
    I dive everything from ice to Caribbean, lots of wrecks.
    So far, I've looked at the Explorer a bit, but haven't really looked at other options yet
    The ISC Pathfinder has your name on it.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: Looking at joining your Dark Side

I don't think that the Explorer is going to do it for you. Ballester suggested the Pathfinder which is a great unit (I dive one myself), but if you just want to stay in the 150 range, another option for you would be the KISS Orca Light. It is an excellent travel rebreather, too. As per your post, I assume you are planning to do some traveling. It's price point is also attractive.

Another thing to consider is if you want to buy new or used. There are excellent used units out there, too. If you like more information, you might want to contact the guys/gals at AddHelium.com or peruse the website for the latest deals and offers.

+ Reply to Thread