+ Reply to Thread

Thread: N19 Vibration cause?

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

N19 Vibration cause?

Hi RW members

My Silent Submersion N19 is shaking a bit during operation at it is quite anoying. I checked the axle when it spins and it does not seem to be off center. What is the usual cause for this?:

1. Is one of the blades are damaged or is not pitched at the same angle as the two others?

2. Do I need to change the motor bearings?

3. Other?

Thanks

/Christian

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: N19 Vibration cause?

If the bearings are bad enough to cause a vibration, then i have to think it would be bad enough for the seal to leak also.

If any of the blades are damaged in any way this will cause it quickly.

Troubleshoot it like this:

1 - Remove the entire clutch hub and blades. Do not run very long out of water. if the vibration is still there, then it is most likely an internal problem. If the vibration is not there, go to #2.

2 - Replace the hub and blades. Run again for a very short time. If the vibration is there, then there is most likely an issue with one or more of the blades. If the vibration is not there, go to #3.

3 - Submerge and test again. If the vibration is there, it is either the blades or a problematic clutch.

Check to see if the ends of any of the blades have hit the shroud. This can cause the ends to wear down and make things off balance. check to see if all the blades run in the same rotation and there is no run out (this could be a worn center hub or pivot on blade).
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    If the bearings are bad enough to cause a vibration, then i have to think it would be bad enough for the seal to leak also.

If any of the blades are damaged in any way this will cause it quickly.

Troubleshoot it like this:

1 - Remove the entire clutch hub and blades. Do not run very long out of water. if the vibration is still there, then it is most likely an internal problem. If the vibration is not there, go to #2.

2 - Replace the hub and blades. Run again for a very short time. If the vibration is there, then there is most likely an issue with one or more of the blades. If the vibration is not there, go to #3.

3 - Submerge and test again. If the vibration is there, it is either the blades or a problematic clutch.

Check to see if the ends of any of the blades have hit the shroud. This can cause the ends to wear down and make things off balance. check to see if all the blades run in the same rotation and there is no run out (this could be a worn center hub or pivot on blade).
    Thanks mate, I will test it later this week.

I tried searching the web for a exploded view of the scooter but no luck. Any chance you got one?

regards

Christian

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Only this one:

PROPELLER AND HUB

Also, check the shafty for play when the hub is removed.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Only this one:

PROPELLER AND HUB

Also, check the shafty for play when the hub is removed.
    DOH! Can't believe i missed that.

Ok, I will check and post my result here...

/Christian

RBW Member AzTek Diver is an unknown quantity at this point AzTek Diver's Avatar

Replace the hub/yoke, it is broken.
    Last edited by AzTek Diver; 21st September 2015 at 00:58.

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

could also be an issue with one of the blades if one got nicked and is off balance.

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Check the yoke. If one of the blade pins is cracked it can cause a terrible vibration.

An small update:

Dismantled the whole prop assembly.
    Rinsed it all down in water with a toothbrush.
    Lubricated all joint-surfaces with high quality silicone.
    Re-assembled everything.

Went for a dive today, no more vibrations :)

Thank you all for tips and suggestions...

/Christian

+ Reply to Thread