+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Looking for manufacturers of Sidemount ECCR Rebreathers other than SF-2

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Looking for manufacturers of Sidemount ECCR Rebreathers other than SF-2

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    why does looking at the pictures remind me of Submatix?
    Are they somehow related or just using common parts/assys?
    Darn good question. I've been trying to understand the relationship for years. I thought the Proteus was the successor to the Submatix, but I was told that was not the case.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I am probably completely wrong on this and someone will be along shortly to yell and scream at me, but here goes.

I think that David Street was working for Submatix when they were building and designing their SF2. He then left the company and took the design with him and began to redesign and make it modular. He renamed it to Proteus.

I was following all of this for a bit as I wanted a fully self contained BOB, but gave up and made my own.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

I am probably completely wrong on this and someone will be along shortly to yell and scream at me, but here goes.

I think that David Street was working for Submatix when they were building and designing their SF2. He then left the company and took the design with him and began to redesign and make it modular. He renamed it to Proteus.

I was following all of this for a bit as I wanted a fully self contained BOB, but gave up and made my own.
    And very nice it is too but you dont sell yours do you Don😕

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    And very nice it is too but you dont sell yours do you Don😕
    Maybe I did not type that in a manner that gets my point across properly?

I was trying to state that I was following the Proteus as it was being tested and refined. It did not seem to me that it was going to be readily available for me to purchase in the time frame that was agreeable to me. The only reason that I stopped following the Proteus so closely was that I no longer was in the market for one and wanted to clarify that it was not because I bought a different one.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

I have been following the Proteus as well. I think it is ready for purchase as long as you live in Australia or Malta. And while that might actually be more commercially available than the elusive Aurora Blue, for us it is just as unattainable. I have poked and prodded at David to bring one over here to the USA if only to keep folks interested. But I think that by the time he actually brings it to the US market, there will be other options that might be more USA friendly.
    Ken

Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

I keep seeing this one made by a Polish guy on a Facebook group. Calls it the T-Reb. Looks like onboard O2, offboard dil, little bit longer than an Al80. Looks similar to Don's actually, just a little more polished. Not a pun.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

It's been a while, but finally my plans have yielded results and I've been diving a Flex BOB since the end of March. The GG sidemount DSV isn't something I'm extremely happy with and will soon be replaced with a GG DSV using 90 degree elbows. 16" Cooper hoses ended up being just about perfect. All hoses are fitted with custom ends in order to perfect the length of each hose. The 2 Button MAV from TecMe works perfectly, and I'm using a manual cut-off on the diluent ADV. Needed to add 550g of lead weight to the bottom side of the scrubber tube to keep the rig basically horizontal.
    I'll still end up making the larger handle over the ADV about 2.5-3cm higher, I think it was designed back before they put an Apeks 2nd stage underneath it as an ADV which takes up too much room to be able to get your fingers under the handle.
    O2 addition is only via the MAV since I could not figure out how to use a continuous running leaky valve on a BOB that is only to be used when it's really necessary.

Learning how to use it in combination with my backmout SF2 hasn't been easy and I wish that I could have found someone to teach me how to integrate everything instead of having to invent all the solutions myself. I feel that with instruction I could have saved at least 6 weeks of trial and error.
    So far I've done arounnd 30 dives using it and I'm slowly getting to the point where things are starting to work out.

I'll post pictures tonight.

Michael
    Last edited by michael-fisch; 24th May 2016 at 12:31.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Finally attached the pictures
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4