+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Looking for manufacturers of Sidemount ECCR Rebreathers other than SF-2

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Looking for manufacturers of Sidemount ECCR Rebreathers other than SF-2

I'm in the market for a sidemount ECCR rebreather for use as a bailout rebreather.
    I'd prefer something with the counterlung inside the tube.
    After another bad experience with the manufacturers of my SF-2, a sidemount SF-2 is no longer an option.
    Who else makes rebreathers that can be used as a BOB in a cave, external counterlungs are a no go, and I'd like the ability to mount 2 carbon fibre tanks on top of the tube?
    At best I'l like to be able to use a Golemgear sidemount DSV and Cooper hoses along with a controller for the Shearwater Petrel 2 or Divesoft Freedom.

Later, after I have a working BOB solution, I'll be selling my SF2 and probably buying a Divesoft Liberty backmount.

Please, no questions about my experiences with Dive2gether, I'm not yet ready to talk about it, have to calm down first.

Michael

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: Looking for manufacturers of Sidemount ECCR Rebreathers other than SF-2

Sidekick...

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Golem Flex and KISS Sidekick are the 2 that come to mind most. But there are others. And at least one in the works that might be seen soon.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

Michael,
    I sent a message to Jakub on Facebook last night but haven't heard back. What I would LOVE to see is a Liberty version of the Flex.... Shouldn't be terribly difficult to adapt, but I think that would be much better than the external counterlungs

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

I thought he posted a pic of a side mounted liberty somewhere, but it had exposed counterlungs.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Worth checking out the Proteus gear. Pretty flexible rig based on a kent tooling frame around custom lungs and submatix scrubber (or it was last time I looked at it, they may have changed since then).

Nice rig which packs down to stuff all for travel, hangs sidemount like a slightly long S95 with both dil and O2 cylinders in there as well in one configuration, completely self contained eCCR you just clip onto your side and grab when you need it.

I was impressed on my try dive, they've put some thought into it. And you can buy it in a manual config and add different electronics too, if you don't want the subby smarts.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004  View Original Post
    Michael,
    I sent a message to Jakub on Facebook last night but haven't heard back. What I would LOVE to see is a Liberty version of the Flex.... Shouldn't be terribly difficult to adapt, but I think that would be much better than the external counterlungs
    Wouldn't that pretty much be a Flex with Divesoft electronics? You can get the Flex without anything and put whatever you want on it, whether you want mCCR, eCCR or hCCR. I don't really see the need for dual solenoids and the helium algorithm on a BOB, but knock your socks off.
    Ken

Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

Ken, the reason for the divesoft electronics has little to do with what is in them, but all about how they put them there. The modularity of the unit is what is appealing. The head is essentially a bulkhead with only connections on either side to/from the controllers/monitors on one side, and the solenoids/sensors/computers themselves on the inside. No other unit has that type of design with head disassembly required for everything else.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Wouldn't that pretty much be a Flex with Divesoft electronics? You can get the Flex without anything and put whatever you want on it, whether you want mCCR, eCCR or hCCR. I don't really see the need for dual solenoids and the helium algorithm on a BOB, but knock your socks off.
    Actually a Flex / Freedom / Jaksa Solenoid / Divesoft? Controller combination using the Add Helium dual MAV with other fittings would be really sexy, maybe the Submatix dual MAV would be even sexier. I'd mount 2 1.5L 300Bar composite paintball tanks lengthwise on the top with the valves and regs in the middle making a very composite package. I should have a mockup of how the tanks valves regs spgs and hoses would be placed done this weekend since the specially made DIN Valves with 5/8"UNF Neck threads are showing up tomorrow.

Michael

Photos will follow as soon as the mockup is done.
    Last edited by michael-fisch; 17th September 2015 at 18:56. Reason: promise of photos

JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    Actually a Flex / Freedom / Jaksa Solenoid / Divesoft? Controller combination using the Add Helium dual MAV with other fittings would be really sexy, maybe the Submatix dual MAV would be even sexier. I'd mount 2 1.5L 300Bar composite paintball tanks lengthwise on the top with the valves and regs in the middle making a very composite package. I should have a mockup of how the tanks valves regs spgs and hoses would be placed done this weekend since the specially made DIN Valves with 5/8"UNF Neck threads are showing up tomorrow.

Michael

Photos will follow as soon as the mockup is done.
    That's pretty close to what I plan for mine. AV1 controller with HUD, Clippard solenoid and manifold, and Tecme dual MAV. I'll have to look at the Submatix MAV if its available.
    Ken

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast