+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dry suits wrist - latex or zip seal?

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: Dry suits wrist - latex or zip seal?

Quote Originally Posted by marcbeaudry  View Original Post
    does Si-Tech do silicone or are they with Latex only ?
    gotta say the silicone sure stands up well compared to the latex.
    does anyone know if the Si-tech seals will fit into ZIP cuffs ?

the paradigm - of a removable seal, irrespective of which brand you chose
    though - is truly brilliant - only way to go in my opinion.

cheers
    Not too sure but the one nice thing about latex is you can buy the older style glue-on seals and reapply them to the crazy expensive DUI zip rings. You can't do that with silicon seals so this is another reason to go with the Si seals in my book. Full disclosure, I dive a DUI with Zipseals and like it. Don't love it however and if I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't buy DUI.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

I dive Si-Tech with silicone neck and wrist seals. It's a dream to use, dream to clean and dream to change when the seals inevitably pop. Their cuff lock system means you can use supermarket gloves if you need to, too. I reckon you could use traditional latex seals (the type designed to be glued in) without needing glue, too. The inner cuff ring will lock just about anything in place and seal it.

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Quote Originally Posted by marcbeaudry  View Original Post
    does Si-Tech do silicone or are they with Latex only ?
    The Si-Tech system will take either type of seal.

gotta say the silicone sure stands up well compared to the latex.
    does anyone know if the Si-tech seals will fit into ZIP cuffs ?
    No they are completely different types of seal systems. You can glue ordinary latex seal into the zip system but not silicone - unless someone know how to glue silicone seal in place ???

the paradigm - of a removable seal, irrespective of which brand you chose
    though - is truly brilliant - only way to go in my opinion.

cheers
    regards Baz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3