+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CCR diving in French Polynesia

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

CCR diving in French Polynesia

Hello all, I'm thinking about going to French Polynesia with my CCR in March. Anybody been there for CCR diving, and who did you do it with? There is a tech operation named Te Honu in Tahiti which seems to have the highest profile on the web and supports CCR. Anybody know anything about them? Thanks, -Andy

RBW Member Acetyl-coa is an unknown quantity at this point Acetyl-coa's Avatar
    ISC Pathfinder

Re: CCR diving in French Polynesia

Hello I lived several months in Polynesia.

It's possible to contact http://www.dive-limit.com/ organize a CCR trip.

A Rangiroa it is possible to dive with CCR with passengers, Yaka Plongé, Top Dive.

I never dive with Te Honu diving (Cyrille Mullard) but I Heard it had stopped its activity (?)

Don't hesitate if you have any questions.
    Last edited by Acetyl-coa; 12th October 2015 at 12:13.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Acetyl-coa  View Original Post
    Hello I lived several months in Polynesia.

It's possible to contact http://www.dive-limit.com/ organize a CCR trip.

A Rangiroa it is possible to dive with CCR with passengers, Yaka Plongé, Top Dive.

I never dive with Te Honu diving (Cyrille Mullard) but I Heard it had stopped its activity (?)

Don't hesitate if you have any questions.
    Hello A-c, just saw your reply, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately your link took me to a site that does not have complete contact info, and I would bet his fees are large if he works for megayacht owners. Looks like Te Honu is not an option either any more. I contacted the 6 Passengers operation on Rangiroa as it seems one of them is a CCR diver, Patrick Plantard?. Have you ever dived with their operation or Patrick? -Andy

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Andy,

When you go there hope you take lots of pictures.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Prism

Dolphin

Hi Chett, that would be nice, but I dont have a camera yet, and I'll already be bringing a lot of gear. I don't know how people are able to bring a CCR and a camera rig internationally if they are traveling alone..!

The first challenge is finding somebody I can dive with, which so far has not been easy! -Andy

ISC Pathfinder

Patrick Plantard live in New caledonia now.

Email : contact@dive-limit.com (from Etienne M.) He was my rebreather instructor ;).

at Rangiroa : http://yakaplongeerangiroa.com/ . Email : Thomas Perceval is rebreather instr, and can organise a CCR trip in Rangi.
    Last edited by Acetyl-coa; 3rd December 2015 at 21:50.

RBW Member cb88 is an unknown quantity at this point cb88's Avatar

Hello Andy,

French Polynesia on CCR is definitively a must, lucky you !
    Shall I recommend to you Fakarava South as well as Rangiroa, Top Dive for sure will be able to arrange dives for you there.
    Any room for me in your luggage ;)?

Best of dives

Christophe

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hi Chett, that would be nice, but I dont have a camera yet, and I'll already be bringing a lot of gear. I don't know how people are able to bring a CCR and a camera rig internationally if they are traveling alone..!

The first challenge is finding somebody I can dive with, which so far has not been easy! -Andy

Hi Andy,

The hardiest part is always just getting their & then schlepping dive gear.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

ISC Pathfinder

P4180251.jpgP4180073.jpgTigre VL.Image fixe005.jpgD7K_8125_042314-273.jpg

Yes, enjoy your trip ! Don't hesitate to contact dive limit ! He can also organise some trimix and deep dive !

3 picts in white valley, near Tahiti, and tiger shark. We dive with 2.7 MEG. (now Pathfinder). Last one at Fakarava south..
    Last edited by Acetyl-coa; 8th December 2015 at 22:45.

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Acetyl-coa  View Original Post
    Attachment 40084Attachment 40085Attachment 40086Attachment 40087

Yes, enjoy your trip ! Don't hesitate to contact dive limit ! He can also organise some trimix and deep dive !

3 picts in white valley, near Tahiti, and tiger shark. We dive with 2.7 MEG. (now Pathfinder). Last one at Fakarava south..

Spectacular Pictures!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast