+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water Ingress

RBW Member fsardone is an unknown quantity at this point fsardone's Avatar
    APD Inspiration Vision

Water Ingress

Hello everybody,

I am a new Inspiration diver (about 30 hrs and building experience). I am running into a strange issue.
    When I dive I get a lot of water in the loop and then into the expiration counter lung. Not so much to say I am flooded but enough to get gurgling sounds during expiration.

I did check positive and negative pressure and the loop holds both of them nicely. So the loop is sound (I had a full overhaul of the reb when I got it used).
    I have a new mouth bite and tie wrap. So I am running out of options. I am quite sure it is not coming around my lips (I feel no salty taste in mouth, I dive sea primarily).

Also tilting up my head (putting myself vertical and looking up) I feel salty water in the mouthbite sometime trickling in my mouth.

The last bit it could be is the oring sealing the DSV orifice connecting the mouth bite to the loop. I come to believe it is DSV related.
    Does anybody have experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Fabio Sardone

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Water Ingress

Quote Originally Posted by fsardone  View Original Post
    Hello everybody,

I am a new Inspiration diver (about 30 hrs and building experience). I am running into a strange issue.
    When I dive I get a lot of water in the loop and then into the expiration counter lung. Not so much to say I am flooded but enough to get gurgling sounds during expiration.

I did check positive and negative pressure and the loop holds both of them nicely. So the loop is sound (I had a full overhaul of the reb when I got it used).
    I have a new mouth bite and tie wrap. So I am running out of options. I am quite sure it is not coming around my lips (I feel no salty taste in mouth, I dive sea primarily).

Also tilting up my head (putting myself vertical and looking up) I feel salty water in the mouthbite sometime trickling in my mouth.

The last bit it could be is the oring sealing the DSV orifice connecting the mouth bite to the loop. I come to believe it is DSV related.
    Does anybody have experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Fabio Sardone
    Never rule out loose lips
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member mick4707 is an unknown quantity at this point mick4707's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by fsardone  View Original Post

I have a new mouth bite and tie wrap.
    That could be it, if you are looking up and feeling water in your mouth that could be it. Try using a good quality silicone sealant when you put the mouthpiece on and then the tie wrap. I flooded a unit with a new mouthpiece, the mouthpiece was too stiff to be sealed by the tie wrap.

RBW Member horaceanddumpling is an unknown quantity at this point horaceanddumpling's Avatar

Yup, mouthpiece most likely, go over it real carefully, look for any tiny holes, new zilock nice and tight. Not sure about sillicone 'though, does it offgass, who knows.

RBW Member mick4707 is an unknown quantity at this point mick4707's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

I've done it a few times with acetic cure silicone with no problems. Once its set it forms a good gasket but can be removed easily if required.

RBW Member fsardone is an unknown quantity at this point fsardone's Avatar
    APD Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by mick4707  View Original Post
    I've done it a few times with acetic cure silicone with no problems. Once its set it forms a good gasket but can be removed easily if required.
    Thanks everybody,
    I will give it a go ...

Fabio

RBW Member GrimSleeper is an unknown quantity at this point GrimSleeper's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Never rule out loose lips
    Yup. I spent ages trying to find a leak, somewhere, anywhere, before I realised that it only happens in water below 20C and doesn't happen if I really concentrate on keeping my lips sealed... It's amazing how much water can get past your lips without you realising it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+ Reply to Thread