+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: US Poseidon customer support does exist!

J missionmtb is an unknown quantity at this point missionmtb's Avatar
    Se7en

mkVI

Thumbs up US Poseidon customer support does exist!

I recently had my MKVI in for service through my LDS here in California and was advised of long delays for repair up front. I found out from my LDS that this is not a unique problem, a lot of customers are experiencing long waits for MKVI repairs through the domestic repair facility, Juergensen Marine. I went ahead and sent in my unit and dove open circuit while it got sorted out

I waited the quoted lead time for repair then started to follow up, first with my shop, then with JMI, with little learned. Then I called Poseidon directly...

The president picked up the phone! He created a sales force ticket right then and followed up with JMI immediately. I was then informed the reason for delays for most MKVI repairs was an issue with loading firmware after service, totally understandable in my opinion, if frustrating.

I worked back and forth with them over the next couple of days, getting responses from both James and Tasha immediately and was able to resolve my issue with satisfaction.

Thanks Poseidon for the support, I look forward to diving my unit again! I ultimately ended up upgrading my unit to a Se7en (with some concessions made for my troubles). Considering my unique situation it was right for me, but I could have waited for repairs and paid a little less.

If I can offer any advice: work with your LDS but go ahead and give the folks at Poseidon a ring directly, too. They were more responsive than most companies I've encountered and things ended up pretty positive in the end.

As many have noted on this forum and others, the MKVI has its issues. But based on the issues I've experienced and heard second hand, a lot of the changes made with the Se7en resolve them (particularly the connectors on the head and software interface).
    Last edited by missionmtb; 27th August 2015 at 00:02.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: US Poseidon customer support does exist!

Quote Originally Posted by missionmtb  View Original Post
    I recently had my MKVI in for service through my LDS here in California and was advised of long delays for repair up front. I found out from my LDS that this is not a unique problem, a lot of customers are experiencing long waits for MKVI repairs through the domestic repair facility, Juergensen Marine. I went ahead and sent in my unit and dove open circuit while it got sorted out

I waited the quoted lead time for repair then started to follow up, first with my shop, then with JMI, with little learned. Then I called Poseidon directly...

The president picked up the phone! He created a sales force ticket right then and followed up with JMI immediately. I was then informed the reason for delays for most MKVI repairs was an issue with loading firmware after service, totally understandable in my opinion, if frustrating.

I worked back and forth with them over the next couple of days, getting responses from both James and Tasha immediately and was able to resolve my issue with satisfaction.

Thanks Poseidon for the support, I look forward to diving my unit again! I ultimately ended up upgrading my unit to a Se7en (with some concessions made for my troubles). Considering my unique situation it was right for me, but I could have waited for repairs and paid a little less.

If I can offer any advice: work with your LDS but go ahead and give the folks at Poseidon a ring directly, too. They were more responsive than most companies I've encountered and things ended up pretty positive in the end.

As many have noted on this forum and others, the MKVI has its issues. But based on the issues I've experienced and heard second hand, a lot of the changes made with the Se7en resolve them (particularly the connectors on the head and software interface).
    A well known dive store in San Diego is DUMPING their units, including their training rigs. That should be a clue....

Se7en

mkVI

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    A well known dive store in San Diego is DUMPING their units, including their training rigs. That should be a clue....
    That's too bad, they'll be losing Poseidon customers along with the inventory they dump Fortunately my local dive shop here in Orange County has stuck with me through the problems.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by missionmtb  View Original Post
    That's too bad, they'll be losing Poseidon customers along with the inventory they dump Fortunately my local dive shop here in Orange County has stuck with me through the problems.
    Unfortunately, maintaining relations with a manufacturer that just can't get it together will eventually result in losing customers that bought gear in good faith that just cannot be supported the way it should be from the manufacurer.
    Cut your losses, explain why you did so to customers that ask and you will maintain a happy customer base.

Michael

RBW Member saxplayer1004 is an unknown quantity at this point saxplayer1004's Avatar

it's unfortunate to hear. I've spoken to James quite a few times and he seems genuinely interested in bringing the brand back in the US, but if they're working with JMI, it unfortunately seems to explain everything you've had issues with.... On the OC side, everything has been infinitely better in the last few years, but if you're bound to JMI for the electronics on CCR, it doesn't matter how responsive Poseidon may be...

Se7en

mkVI

Quote Originally Posted by saxplayer1004  View Original Post
    it's unfortunate to hear. I've spoken to James quite a few times and he seems genuinely interested in bringing the brand back in the US, but if they're working with JMI, it unfortunately seems to explain everything you've had issues with.... On the OC side, everything has been infinitely better in the last few years, but if you're bound to JMI for the electronics on CCR, it doesn't matter how responsive Poseidon may be...
    What's funny about your statement is I haven't come across any service complaints for Hammerhead units...

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by saxplayer1004  View Original Post
    Your comment is not only uncalled for, but utterly incorrect.

I would normally let Poseidon speak for themselves here, but since you decided to slander us, I figured I should pipe in.

To wit: The delay in repairing the MKVII units was due to a lack of parts which can only come from Poseidon Sweden. Initially, there was a process in place whereby parts from Sweden had to be shipped to Poseidon USA (based in L.A.), then shipped to us. This took quite a long time to sort out, and eventually an arrangement was made whereby Poseidon USA shipped all their parts inventory to us, and Poseidon Sweden shipped repair parts directly to us as well.

JMI does NOT design, develop or manufacture parts for the MKVI or MKVII units. Poseidon licensed our DIVA Patent for use in their products, and has teamed with us to handle repairs in the America's in order to save costly shipments of e-module units to Sweden (which is how it was done previously).

I want to point out that within ONE WEEK of receiving all the necessary repair parts from Sweden, 10 MKVII units were repaired, verified and shipped out from our facility.

As for the MKVI units: There is a continuing software communication problem between our computers and the software necessary to program the MKVI boards - we are in contact with Poseidon engineers continuously while they try to sort this out. Since we didn't write the code, nor the programming process, we can only follow their lead while they sort this out.

Just for the record, our process works like this:

1) A unit is either shipped to us by Poseidon USA or a customer will ship a unit for repair directly to our offices.

2) A Case Number is issued for that particular unit by Poseidon.

3) Using Tools and Software provided to us by the Poseidon factory, we perform a Diagnostic on the unit, and e-mail the results of that Diagnostic to Poseidon engineers in Sweden. The engineers in Sweden advise us on what repairs should be performed. It is worth noting that the design of the MKVI and MKVII is such that the units perform like modern day automobiles, in that they will "report" error codes which can be interpreted by engineers. This allows the engineering team to detect previous errors or temporary anomalies which might not manifest themselves during the review process.

4) Based on directions from Poseidon engineers, our technicians perform the required service. In many cases, this involves the complete disassembly of the e-module (the part where the "brain" of the unit lives), repair and/or replacement. Once that is done, the unit is reprogrammed (if necessary), and then given a thorough test. In order for a unit to "Pass" this test, it MUST pass a complete QC and Self-Test THREE times in a row. Then, a second diagnostic report derived from the internal memory of the repaired unit is sent to Poseidon engineers. Once they give their approval (and only then), the unit is shipped out.

5) In the event of a problem or issue with a particular unit, our technician will Video Skype with the engineers in Sweden to live diagnose the unit. This also provides a double-check on the work performed, and a visual of any damage or condition of the unit in question.

Considering how thorough the process outlined above is, it is remarkable how fast we are able to make repairs, and a testament to the skills of my own technicians and engineering team.

Again, we cannot control the flow of parts or create our own code to make these units work, but we have been tireless in our efforts with Poseidon to make the repair process as smooth as possible for their customers.

Forums like RBW can be a great source of information for the diving public, but they can also be a soapbox for people with agenda's. Maybe you don't like our products, or maybe you think I'm ugly, but my staff is the best around, and Poseidon divers can be assured that everyone from Addison to Sweden are doing everything they can to get their units back to them and in the water as quickly and safely as possible.

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Everyone knows that I am not a fan of JM, but there does not seem to any reason to put the fault on them for current issues with their partnership with Posideon. Kevin's above repair process pretty much clears that up, unless there is something that I am missing to this story.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

Kevin, so why was this not fully elaborated on with the customers? If they were told up front, "hey we don't have the parts, that's the reason for the delay" it seems like this thread wouldn't have been started in the first place.

The issue is "I waited the quoted lead time for repair then started to follow up, first with my shop, then with JMI, with little learned." Why did he have to go to Poseidon to find out that there was an issue getting parts in? Shouldn't it have been relayed back to the LDS thru the original repair ticket that your lead times were inaccurate due to lack of parts? Why did he have to follow up AFTER the initial lead time had passed? Should JMI not have informed the LDS that sent the unit in that you were delayed? Why was he not informed of the real delay by JMI when he called? Why did it have to escalate to Poseidon directly? That's the issue, nothing to do with quality, everything in the lack of communication. Based on the above, I'm not sure slander was appropriate as it was neither false, nor damaging, merely an observation that it is not surprising based on previous accounts that they were not able to gain satisfactory customer service by calling directly, especially considering it was after an agreed upon date, when they should have already been informed of the delay and provided with an updated lead time for the repair, regardless of what the root cause was.
    Last edited by tbone1004; 11th September 2015 at 18:45.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Once that is done, the unit is reprogrammed (if necessary), and then given a thorough test. In order for a unit to "Pass" this test, it MUST pass a complete QC and Self-Test THREE times in a row. Then, a second diagnostic report derived from the internal memory of the repaired unit is sent to Poseidon engineers. Once they give their approval (and only then), the unit is shipped out.
    Based on your emphasis it looks like the 3 times in a row part is difficult?

It seems like a whole lot of consultation/oversight from Sweden. And that's what, a 6 hours time change? So functionally you and the Swedish engineers are both at work at the same time 2 hours out of every 24 correct? I don't envy your role here.