+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Po2 setpoint

RBW Member ncdeepdiver is an unknown quantity at this point ncdeepdiver's Avatar
    Revo 111 micro rms expedition

Po2 setpoint

I dive a revo 111 micro. Was just wondering how many of you guys run a 1.6 during deco from say 30 feet and up. Also when diving in the 130 feet and shallower range what po2 set points do you run on bottom.
    Is there anyway to cut off adv once on bottom and during deco as not to dilute mix so easily.

Thx

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: Po2 setpoint

I generally run a 1.2 for the bottom time. If I am going to have a long dive or several days of diving, then I will drop it to 1.0.

I will raise my SP to 1.4 around 50', but do not jump it to 1.6 until I am at 20'. My IP is set so that the flow is slightly higher than my resting metabolism uses. If i get my SP adjusted at my first stop, then it will slowly raise as I deco. When I go up to my next stop it will drop back down to my starting value. This repeats all the way up and there is very little fussing with anything until I do a complete flush at 20'.

As for turning off the ADV, sorry there is no way unless you really do some modifications to your unit. Many people will completely disable them or even remove them. The more intelligent ones (such as myself ), will adjust them so that they breathe a bit harder and therefore will not dilute the loop so easily.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by ncdeepdiver  View Original Post
    I dive a revo 111 micro. Was just wondering how many of you guys run a 1.6 during deco from say 30 feet and up. Also when diving in the 130 feet and shallower range what po2 set points do you run on bottom.
    Is there anyway to cut off adv once on bottom and during deco as not to dilute mix so easily.

Thx
    Not a rEvo (for what it matters) but I run 1.3 throughout unless I have deco I need rid of, then I put 1.5 from the bottom. Delaying the increase doesn't cut the deco significantly, so I don't see the point in that.

Matt.

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Quote Originally Posted by matthewoutram  View Original Post
    Not a rEvo (for what it matters) but I run 1.3 throughout unless I have deco I need rid of, then I put 1.5 from the bottom. Delaying the increase doesn't cut the deco significantly, so I don't see the point in that.

Matt.
    +1 on a rEvo III.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Sorry, but I don't agree with the philosophy of running 1.5 or 1.6 during ANY part of the dive. If you run schedules you will see only minor differences in deco time for 1.6 vs 1.3 at 20 feet. But you will see significant differences in OTUs. While the risk of oxygen toxicity is minute, the severity is extreme. I'd rather do a few extra minutes and not flirt with even the most remote chance of death.
    http://www.diverite.com/education/re...ndrebreathers/

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

As much as it pains me to admit it, Ken does bring up a very good point. I do not agree with his final assessment, but you still need to be keenly aware of your oxygen clock. bumping up your po2 when your oxygen exposure is already high can possibly lead to a really bad day.

There is a lot more at play here than just what your SP is. Make sure you fully understand any and all risks involved before "experimenting". More deco time vs. death is an easy question for me to answer. What about you?
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Sorry, but I don't agree with the philosophy of running 1.5 or 1.6 during ANY part of the dive. If you run schedules you will see only minor differences in deco time for 1.6 vs 1.3 at 20 feet. But you will see significant differences in OTUs. While the risk of oxygen toxicity is minute, the severity is extreme. I'd rather do a few extra minutes and not flirt with even the most remote chance of death.

Yup, pointless doing it only at the last stop. Deeper is more significant in all respects. Have you run some deep profiles?

Matt.

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

I run 1.3 throughout, but if cold or need the loo I'll increase to 1.5 where my old vr3 starts deep stops. Usual dives are only about 2 - 2½ hrs in duration and I rarely go away for longer than a weekend if I'm lucky. This only knocked of about 10min (but when you really need the loo, the type a pee valve can't help with its a great suit saver 😁). When I am able to get away for longer trip's I'll usually just run the 1.3 throughout and reduce bottom time nearer the end of the trip.
    Baz
    P's in on a inspo classic if that makes any difference to anyone

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

lol
    yes mum ,

OTU seen them in a book once in about 92 , and i all way try to save a few of them for the chamber ride ,
    Last edited by Gobfish1; 25th August 2015 at 13:40.

inspiration

The article is good and the author respected. I agree the risk for regular dives (to 3 hours) are not worth taking. But on the deeper dives you have to decide if you go for it or sit it out.

For the dive I just checked, 130m for 27 mins, the differences are:

1.2 throughout
    351 mins
    465 OTU
    167 CNS

1.3 throughout
    310 mins
    460 OTU
    173 CNS

1.3 and 1.5 for deco
    251 mins
    457 OTU
    210 CNS

The number of minutes save is between 59 and 100. Not insignificant.

The OTU is lower for the higher PPO2.

The CNS is higher for the higher PPO2.

CNS is high for all 3 dives.

Matt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast