+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AP's new Handset is released

RBW Member kaheksa is an unknown quantity at this point kaheksa's Avatar
    APD XPD

Re: AP's new Handset is released

Quote Originally Posted by matthewoutram  View Original Post
    Put the spare inside the case, like with the HUD?
    I dont have case :)

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Well, last week the center push button of my Vision died.
    I had now 3 damaged buttons in the last 5 years and thought this is now a good chance to upgrade to the new handset. I don´t want to upgrade because of the color, etc. – I just hope that the new handset is more reliable.
    AP informed me that unfortunately they are heavily loaded with the upgrades and cannot upgrade my unit until the end of the year.
    I would hate to wait that long because I would miss a lot of dives in cold German lakes with low vis.

Is anyone here with a scheduled upgrade slot in October willing to swap it with my slot in December?

Best regards,
    Scotty

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

If you got the handset done for December your lucky they are taking them till may already!!!

RBW Member John Nousaine is on a distinguished road John Nousaine is on a distinguished road John Nousaine's Avatar
    Evolution

I got the HUS as my head was cracked and was gonna cost $900 so I upgraded. Old handset was hard to see with my old man eyes so I had to h0old it way out. BUT new display on handset with the HUS easy to read. go figure. anyway first few dives w HUS I hated but getting more used to it now. verdict still pending but for 1/2 the price the color would prob be better??

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Finally decided to go for a button repair only, don't want to wait for an upgrade.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Mine's been at the factory since August and still expected back November.

RBW Member fsardone is an unknown quantity at this point fsardone's Avatar
    APD Inspiration Vision

Hello everybody,

I have been diving the 2020 since late September.
    Now I have reliable info that the firmware upgrade adding compass and tilt activation (brightness up) have been seen at the APD stand at DEMA in Florida .

Let's see when it will be released to the public.

Cheers

Fabio
    Last edited by fsardone; 9th November 2015 at 21:44.

Dive addict taliena is an unknown quantity at this point taliena's Avatar

On my ccr the 3 buttons where replaced in october 2012, 1 again in august 2014 and the other 2 again in august 2015. So for me I am saving money for a brand new ccr of another brand. I have missed too much dives now. I had a hope that the new handset is more reliable, but I heard viavia already that a diver hat problems with the new buttons. It will take some years to have the money for a brand new ccr, so I hope of course that just a new handset makes my ccr more reliable.
    At the moment I only dive it when I need it (trimix area or long cave dives). So no normal fundives in shallows anymore, I am too afraid to miss dives again due to that buttons. Normally 10 out of 15 dives a month are ccr. Now only 1-2.

On my ccr the 3 buttons where replaced in october 2012, 1 again in august 2014 and the other 2 again in august 2015. So for me I am saving money for a brand new ccr of another brand. I have missed too much dives now. I had a hope that the new handset is more reliable, but I heard viavia already that a diver hat problems with the new buttons. It will take some years to have the money for a brand new ccr, so I hope of course that just a new handset makes my ccr more reliable.
    At the moment I only dive it when I need it (trimix area or long cave dives). So no normal fundives in shallows anymore, I am too afraid to miss dives again due to that buttons. Normally 10 out of 15 dives a month are ccr. Now only 1-2.

On my ccr the buttons where replaced 2 times in less than 5.5 years.
    But I heard via via that a new handset already died too.
    Last edited by taliena; 10th November 2015 at 07:44.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast