+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AP's new Handset is released

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Re: AP's new Handset is released

Quote Originally Posted by psmedo  View Original Post
    HUS is 47 GBP more expensive than the AP2020 upgrade
    New Unit: HUS £900, 2020 £0, Battery £0.

Upgrade: HUS £1290, 2020 £853, Battery £300.

Price of a new unit (same spec as mine) on the website yesterday was £6,600. I paid £5,500 in 2011.

The HUS is clearly more useful than the handset to majority of people - but by making the handset standard then I agree, the old units will take a massive second-hand price hit

Which is good for APD but not for users!

Matt.

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by Larry0428  View Original Post
    I noticed in the specs that it so now also comes with a Bluetooth interface and has the hardware built in for an electronics compass, which is just awaiting a firmware upgrade. Seems like an excellent upgrade.

Cheers
    Larry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Compass, where is this info comming from?

RBW Member Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    Compass, where is this info comming from?
    This is from the specs page of the AP website:

Firmware UpgradableHardware included for future software updates to unlock additional features such as: tilt activation, digital compass and colour customisation capabilities
    Cheers
    Larry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Thx, than I may consider the upgrade with my next push button failure too. (Except with this stupid buttons I am 100% happy with the display)

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Imagen how us old classic inspo divers feel, we've been begging AP to put the massive ppo2 monitors in a smaller nicer hgandset only to be told it can't be done upgraded to a vision, I'm sure they could pop them in a better housing they just don't want to.
    New handset looks nice though.
    Regards
    Baz

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by turtle dude  View Original Post
    Imagen how us old classic inspo divers feel, we've been begging AP to put the massive ppo2 monitors in a smaller nicer hgandset only to be told it can't be done upgraded to a vision, I'm sure they could pop them in a better housing they just don't want to.
    New handset looks nice though.
    Regards
    Baz
    Are you saying you want smaller handsets on a Classic?

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matthewoutram  View Original Post
    but by making the handset standard then I agree, the old units will take a massive second-hand price hit
    Kind of makes me wish I had waited another 6 months to buy a used unit. But then again, six months ago the new handset was a rumor at best, with no reliable timetable for availability.

inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by moose_grunt  View Original Post
    Kind of makes me wish I had waited another 6 months to buy a used unit. But then again, six months ago the new handset was a rumor at best, with no reliable timetable for availability.
    In the first instance s/h prices will not change as there will be no new handsets on the market.

Then when there are some they will simply command more money.

In 5 years time the old units won't be worth as much as a 5 year old unit is today.

That's my guess.

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

The back log for the upgraid is now december ,i hope mine will be back before then.

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Quote Originally Posted by matthewoutram  View Original Post
    Are you saying you want smaller handsets on a Classic?
    Yes, why not? Surely they could fit/re-jig the old handset's into the old (or even the new) vision handset's and just have two of them ! To be fair it would probably fit the newer handset better because it looks like its gone back to the hall effect sensors. One could be wrist mounted while the other could be clipped off (like both ways of fixing the current vision).
    Why should it just be the vision units that gets all the upgrades!!!!!!!! They still offer the classic as an option don't they???
    Baz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast