+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AP's new Handset is released

Hybrid View

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

AP's new Handset is released

If you haven't already seen AP's new handset

http://www.apdiving.com/en/2020-visi...eid=e012ea9976

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed that is the only thing that ever has."
    - Margaret Mead, Anthropologist

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

Re: AP's new Handset is released

That is a well display screen , I like the
    Custom Theme Designer.

Age Quod Agis psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo's Avatar
    INSPIRATION VISION

Next available slots for upgrade AP2020 VISION installation for the week commencing 16th November 2015. APD is unable at this stage to guarantee being able to do it more quickly. Requests for this upgrade are booking up very quickly. My Lid is allready at the AP Diving factory in Cornwall, for conversion.

RBW Member tkfx2000 is an unknown quantity at this point tkfx2000's Avatar

What is the cost of the new handset? I did not see that mentioned in the press release.

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by tkfx2000  View Original Post
    What is the cost of the new handset? I did not see that mentioned in the press release.
    I think is 750 GBP + Taxes + Shipping

RBW Member tkfx2000 is an unknown quantity at this point tkfx2000's Avatar

They have it on the website at £853.00

At that price I think there is more value in just getting the HUS.

I do like the new switches, smaller size and color screen, but not sure it is worth the upgrade. Adding the Heads Up Screen would give you the color display and provide a more convenient interface.

Age Quod Agis psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo's Avatar
    INSPIRATION VISION

Quote Originally Posted by tkfx2000  View Original Post
    They have it on the website at £853.00

At that price I think there is more value in just getting the HUS.

I do like the new switches, smaller size and color screen, but not sure it is worth the upgrade. Adding the Heads Up Screen would give you the color display and provide a more convenient interface.
    Correct the price is £853.00 VAT included.

With the upgrade you can also get "AUTO ACTIVATION" - depending on the VISION Handset model you have, my 2009 VISION Handset display doesn´t have AUTO ACTIVATION sensors. This is a plus to consider also. Auto activation enables the electronics once submerged and all VISION safety alarms.

Consider also that all new APD units will have the AP2020 display as a standard. VISION second hand units with old display will drop in market value, and soon become like the INSPO "classic". A stand alone class. Particularlly the ones who still have old displays with no AUTO ACTIVATION.

HUS is 47 GBP more expensive than the AP2020 upgrade, BUT it does not provide AUTO ON on the CCR (a possible diver life saver feature), does not increase value of the machine in the market (as an updated machine), and does not increase number of potencial buyers (recreational CCRs must all have an auto activation).

HUS is a luxury a new display giving all above plus an excelent readability is a MUST...

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by psmedo  View Original Post
    HUS is 47 GBP more expensive than the AP2020 upgrade
    New Unit: HUS £900, 2020 £0, Battery £0.

Upgrade: HUS £1290, 2020 £853, Battery £300.

Price of a new unit (same spec as mine) on the website yesterday was £6,600. I paid £5,500 in 2011.

The HUS is clearly more useful than the handset to majority of people - but by making the handset standard then I agree, the old units will take a massive second-hand price hit

Which is good for APD but not for users!

Matt.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matthewoutram  View Original Post
    but by making the handset standard then I agree, the old units will take a massive second-hand price hit
    Kind of makes me wish I had waited another 6 months to buy a used unit. But then again, six months ago the new handset was a rumor at best, with no reliable timetable for availability.

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by moose_grunt  View Original Post
    Kind of makes me wish I had waited another 6 months to buy a used unit. But then again, six months ago the new handset was a rumor at best, with no reliable timetable for availability.
    In the first instance s/h prices will not change as there will be no new handsets on the market.

Then when there are some they will simply command more money.

In 5 years time the old units won't be worth as much as a 5 year old unit is today.

That's my guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast