+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fittings for Shrimp on Evo+

RBW Member Rescuediver009 is an unknown quantity at this point Rescuediver009's Avatar
    Evo

Fittings for Shrimp on Evo+

Any recommendations or pros and cons for the two options for attaching a shrimp to my Evolution+? Can either get the adapters that attach to the end of my existing loop connections https://www.golemgear.com/p-530-bayo...-threaded.aspx or remove them and use golem attachments only https://www.golemgear.com/p-542-bayo...p-clamped.aspx

I'm leaning towards the clamped version to minimize weight on the unit and my jaw. As well as clutter and connections and orings/failure points. I am open to ideas or suggestions from those wh have done it.

RBW Member Rescuediver009 is an unknown quantity at this point Rescuediver009's Avatar
    Evo

Re: Fittings for Shrimp on Evo+

No one uses the shrimp on an inspo/evo?

All The Gear, No Idea windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller's Avatar

I use the adaptors that screw on the end.. Makes the bov quite wide across but saves faff and does the job... Haven't really noticed any jaw fatigue

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RBW Member Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

I have used the clamp fittings, bit of pain to put on (lots of soapy water and swearing), but worth it when done. Note though that the standard Inspo fittings for the HUD and HUS don't fit well on the Shrimp clamps.

Regards
    Larry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chris Ferrar hyrax is an unknown quantity at this point hyrax's Avatar
    Evolution

I have the threaded ones. They made it a little wide for my liking. Ended up selling the shrimp with my Hammer Meg but I have the threaded adaptes if you are interested I will make you a deal on them.

Chris

also using the wider ones. i.e. the the threaded ones. Minus- yes, they are wider, but i can live with it. Maybe haven't experienced a better option :). Pluses- you can easier swap bov to dsv, for example when something happens to bov on a trip.. And you can use the regular hud holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh, and i havent experienced the clamped one to be too heavy, even when not using a gag strap, which i usually do..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo

Quote Originally Posted by hyrax  View Original Post
    I have the threaded ones. They made it a little wide for my liking. Ended up selling the shrimp with my Hammer Meg but I have the threaded adaptes if you are interested I will make you a deal on them.

Chris
    Thanks Chris. I'll take them.
    Email me dansuke9@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread