+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Front loop tester for an Inspo

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Re: Front loop tester for an Inspo

Mate that sounds like a load of bollocks, we have been using these for over 15 years and never ever ever have we had a problem as you describe. Christ what pressure are you blowing them up toooooo !

The other advantage with this simple easy cheap option is that you can use them on every hose connection. You can test counterlung or cannister integrity not just the front part of the loop.

regards Baz

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

May have been a coincidence then Bazza.

But the one time I tried using bungs, I found and fixed the leak. Then when I put the unit back together to dive, did a headphone check and the exhale valve was stuffed.

So - for me, personally - I'm reluctant to head down that road, or any road that involves loading the mushrooms up with more than a butterfly's fart worth of differential pressure, again. :)

RBW Member camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone's Avatar

The one that's gotten buggered up for me if I pull too much pressure has always been the ADV diaphragm... too much negative and that one is shot. I've done it, and I've had several friends who have done it. I learned years ago to just watch it so it's collapsed, and watch to see it hasn't expanded.

I've never had a problem with the mushroom valves on the mouthpiece (going on 11 years of my Evo now...), but I also don't use the stock DSV. Pinhole hose leaks, thanks to the rocket-scientists who make up the TSA in the USA destroying my gear, absolutely...those guys could destroy anything with their incompetence...

FWIW, I dove a Draeger unit before this one, and that one had absolutely the worst DSV design I'd seen. I used to bend mushroom valves, and the O-ring that was basically manufactured as a single piece to the inside of the loop would tear if you looked at it funny. Terrible design and I eventually slapped a KISS DSV on there, which fits with a minor o-ring swap.

Not that it matters, but I already had the 3D printer coming to make other parts... Primarily I got it to make pieces of firearms, random GoPro parts for mounting on the airplane when I go flying, and making intricate positive molding templates for aluminum castings. This rebreather piece is just gravy for me and way more elegant than the rubber bungs, plus it's <$1 of filament, so way cheaper Prices are finally low enough now that it's worth adding to the mill, lathe, bandsaw, etc for the rapid prototyping it lets you do.

RBW Member hatoupix is an unknown quantity at this point hatoupix's Avatar
    inspi ...

I've just make it ... and the result is super, like the perfect stl file !

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Thanks for the picture - seeing one's ideas and designs being used by other people is always a little thrill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3