+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Front loop tester for an Inspo

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Front loop tester for an Inspo

Trying to isolate leaks can be a bear. On the inspo at least, you can bypass the canister by running the hose from the head across to the exhale T-piece.

But going the next step, ie checking just the DSV / OCB without being attached to the lungs? That would be hard.

I ended up printing a part in ABS which converts between the two threads. A few folks were interested so I thought I'd share the STL file here for anyone interested. Bear in mind that the bore is a little narrow, deliberately, allowing me to run a boring bar through it on the lathe to smooth off the printing artefacts and get it all nice and happy to hold a seal against the o-rings in the hoses.

I then just gave the inside a wash with acetone off a brush to skin it shiny smooth.

Recommend a 3mm wall thickness and 0.1 - 0.15mm layer height. If you print it as photographed with the coarse threads on the bottom, I have ramps on the bottom of the threads so you should NOT need any support structure at all.

Works a treat. There's enough give in the corrugation to do a positive, there's enough give in crushing the hose to work a negative. Simply open the mouthpiece to release the pressure.

STL file attached in a zip for anyone else (Matt O?) who want to give it a crack.
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

RBW Member SoggyBottoms is an unknown quantity at this point SoggyBottoms's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Inspo Vision, Draeger O2

Re: Front loop tester for an Inspo

Cheers for the stl. I'll have a shot during the week Matt

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Thank you kindly gentlemen!

Let me know if you have success Charlie and I'll see if I can pop over with a bottle of wine

Cheers
    Matt.

RBW Member Idive will become famous soon enough Idive will become famous soon enough Idive will become famous soon enough Idive's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT RMS

Inspiration Vision & Classic

Just as a point of discussion. I had a terrible time finding where I was getting water in my loop for a very long time. Never much, but enough to gurgle by end of the dive. Ended up being the O-ring that seals the opening when rotated open/close. I was using O2 grease on it, and switched to silicon when the scrubber O-ring/CO detection was discussed. No problems after. I then started using the silicone on all the loop O-rings. I am guessing that the O2 lube was getting hard or caked. Hope it helps someone else.
    Dave

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Thanks, Dave.

I made this after my unit started failing negatives, after I'd done a mod to my OCB.

I'd made a tool to deepen the o-ring grooves on the outer OCB barrel, to try and make it a one handed operation. Worked a treat but leaked like a cheap hooker after the navy had been in town for the weekend.

Made this and tested, turned out the leak was coincidental: time to replace the mushroom o-rings and it was all sweet.

Happy days.

Hey guys, only request: if you make one of these, please post a photo!

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Thank you captain,
    again another great share from you! Great seeing people with good ideas putting stuff out there for other.
    Baz.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Just when I thought I was done spending money on buying diving gear, now I have to spend money on equipment to MAKE diving gear?

This cements it. I MUST have a 3D printer. Also, I hate you for forcing this upon me.

AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Heh heh.

Glad to be of help.

And, moose_grunt, it won't stop at a 3d printer either.

Then it will be the 4 axis CNC mill...

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Heh heh.

Glad to be of help.

And, moose_grunt, it won't stop at a 3d printer either.

Then it will be the 4 axis CNC mill...
    The question is, how can I pull the safety card to justify it to my wife? I need to figure out how a 3d printer, a lathe, and mill will save my life.....

Jim

AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Now THERE's a challenge!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast