+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

  1. #1
    RBW Member gli69 is an unknown quantity at this point gli69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5

    Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

    Hi, is there anbody that have experienced water in the HUD, Poseidon says that they have never heard about it. There has never been any large mechanical load om the HUD or stretch in the cable.
    I think the quality is worse compaired to the Mark VI, the vibrations is not so powerful and it seems impossible to see the LEDs in the HUD.
    Poseidon didn't answer these questions?
    I'll appricate all comments.

  2. #2
    RBW Member 724 is an unknown quantity at this point 724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Deltona Florida
    Posts
    22
    Hollis prism 2

    Poesidon MK6

    Re: Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

    I Had the worst experience with that company...


    I had my head on my 6 come back from their facility with loose screws, and luckily I caught it.. 2 weeks later
    they sent out a service bulletin telling all customers to check their screws..


    They also say they have technical support!!?? its a joke.. unless you need a firmware upgrade good luck. I feel once they have your money, you as a customer are old news..
    and the only thing on Poseidon corporate mind is selling you worthless upgrades.

  3. #3
    Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    227
    Hollis Prism 2

    Poseidon MkVI

    Re: Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

    Quote Originally Posted by 724  View Original Post
    I Had the worst experience with that company...


    They also say they have technical support!!?? its a joke.. unless you need a firmware upgrade good luck. I feel once they have your money, you as a customer are old news..
    and the only thing on Poseidon corporate mind is selling you worthless upgrades.
    +1

    I'm so glad I got rid of my MKvi. When I sent mine for the 60m upgrade, it was brand new. It came back, it wouldn't boot up because it needed it's clock reset to 52 weeks or whatever. Nothing but problems and delays with Poseidon. Getting rid of that unit was the best decision I ever made. Some people love them, but I don't want to keep paying for "upgrades" and getting crummy support. Give me a machine that doesn't require upgrades to make different kinds of dives any day of the week.

  4. #4
    RBW Member gli69 is an unknown quantity at this point gli69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5

    Re: Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

    Quote Originally Posted by CGOUGHN  View Original Post
    +1

    I'm so glad I got rid of my MKvi. When I sent mine for the 60m upgrade, it was brand new. It came back, it wouldn't boot up because it needed it's clock reset to 52 weeks or whatever. Nothing but problems and delays with Poseidon. Getting rid of that unit was the best decision I ever made. Some people love them, but I don't want to keep paying for "upgrades" and getting crummy support. Give me a machine that doesn't require upgrades to make different kinds of dives any day of the week.
    Thanks for the answer!
    What kind RB did you buy instead?

  5. #5
    RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    209
    MEG CCR

    Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

    Re: Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

    Quote Originally Posted by gli69  View Original Post
    Thanks for the answer!
    What kind RB did you buy instead?
    A Meg!

  6. #6
    Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    227
    Hollis Prism 2

    Poseidon MkVI

    Re: Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

    Quote Originally Posted by gli69  View Original Post
    Thanks for the answer!
    What kind RB did you buy instead?
    Hollis Prism2. I love it.

    Cheers - Chris

  7. #7
    RBW Member gli69 is an unknown quantity at this point gli69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5

    Re: Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

    Quote Originally Posted by 724  View Original Post
    I Had the worst experience with that company...


    I had my head on my 6 come back from their facility with loose screws, and luckily I caught it.. 2 weeks later
    they sent out a service bulletin telling all customers to check their screws..


    They also say they have technical support!!?? its a joke.. unless you need a firmware upgrade good luck. I feel once they have your money, you as a customer are old news..
    and the only thing on Poseidon corporate mind is selling you worthless upgrades.
    Hi, did your RB work well after this hassel?

  8. #8
    RBW Member 724 is an unknown quantity at this point 724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Deltona Florida
    Posts
    22
    Hollis prism 2

    Poesidon MK6

    Re: Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

    Quote Originally Posted by gli69  View Original Post
    Hi, did your RB work well after this hassel?


    Would not boot up !!


    Ended up going with Hollis prism 2 after I sold the m6..


    As a matter of fact the guy that turned me on to the P2 is CGOUGHN or as I know him Chris.
    super instructor and he had the Hollis prism 2 before anyone really knew about them!!


    if you have questions CGOUGHN is you guy!! he is super well rounded on equipment. he eats, sleeps and breaths diving !!

  9. #9
    Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    227
    Hollis Prism 2

    Poseidon MkVI

    Re: Poseidon Seven water in the HUD.

    Quote Originally Posted by 724  View Original Post
    Would not boot up !!


    Ended up going with Hollis prism 2 after I sold the m6..


    As a matter of fact the guy that turned me on to the P2 is CGOUGHN or as I know him Chris.
    super instructor and he had the Hollis prism 2 before anyone really knew about them!!


    if you have questions CGOUGHN is you guy!! he is super well rounded on equipment. he eats, sleeps and breaths diving !!

    Thanks bro. Glad you're liking your P2 and hope you're getting in the water often. I'm excited about getting my new one !

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts