+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Virkon S perishable?

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Is Virkon S perishable?

Quote Originally Posted by cb1  View Original Post
    Hi
    Am I right in interpreting your comment that you use just 500mls of water with a single virkon tablet to sterilise the loop and both lungs??

Thanks

Cathal
    Yes. You don't need to fill the lungs, just like you don't fill your toilet when you disinfect it. Pour 100-150 ml into each lung and swish it around. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it out. I admit this is harder on the rEvo than any other RB because you can not easily swish it around. Which is why most people never disinfect their rEvo lungs. They just use fresh water to rinse.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Yes. You don't need to fill the lungs, just like you don't fill your toilet when you disinfect it. Pour 100-150 ml into each lung and swish it around. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it out. I admit this is harder on the rEvo than any other RB because you can not easily swish it around. Which is why most people never disinfect their rEvo lungs. They just use fresh water to rinse.
    I suppose the trick is to ensure the sterilising fluid gets everywhere with just 500ml. Thanks for the response.

Cathal

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo  View Original Post
    Mine did the same. Contacted the supplier and got told to keep them in the fridge. Last forever now.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
    Just to confirm, fridge not freezer, correct?

RBW Member Sambo is an unknown quantity at this point Sambo's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Fridge. I live in the tropics. Lasted less than a year when not in the fridge. Now I keep them in the fridge in a snap lock bag and have not seen any deterioration.

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo  View Original Post
    Fridge. I live in the tropics. Lasted less than a year when not in the fridge. Now I keep them in the fridge in a snap lock bag and have not seen any deterioration.

Thanks. Mine just went in. I lost a whole bottle a couple of years ago because it was just 'sitting'. Even tightly capped, moisture can get in and ruin the stuff given time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2