+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Long Deco's - How do you pass the time?

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Re: Long Deco's - How do you pass the time?

- Found a travel sized chess game with pieces that have small posts that friction fit to the board, obviously for warm waters as the pieces are wicked small. Trying to find an inexpensive magnetic set.
    -Cold water we resort to "waterproof" cards for Euchre games. They don't last but a couple dives. Easier than it sounds as the deco areas have plenty of rocks to hold them in place.
    -Practice knots with a short section and laminated pics. More challenging than it sounds for me.
    -Cold water dives (38* year round) allow us to enjoy flavored yogurt that the angelic girlfriend transfers into these travel squeeze tube thingies she found who knows where...
    -I like the Rubiks cube, may have to add that.
    -However, VERY interested in these iPod/Shuffle options. Music/e-books would be incredible!

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    No, they sell special waterproofed ipods with headphones. Look at Amazon.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aaen  View Original Post
    I believe they are called audioflood. There iPod shuffles supposedly waterproof to 200 feet I talked to the manufacture a couple of months back. The headphones are only good to like 30.

http://www.audioflood.com

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.
    Are you 2 referencing the same product? Any recent experience? I'm quite interested.

RBW Member aaen will become famous soon enough aaen will become famous soon enough aaen will become famous soon enough aaen will become famous soon enough aaen's Avatar
    Copis MEG

rEvo

I believe the eBay ad is also an audioflood. I have yet to try one out as I haven't found a decent set of headphones to use

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

RBW Member dunny is an unknown quantity at this point dunny's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by aaen  View Original Post
    I believe the eBay ad is also an audioflood. I have yet to try one out as I haven't found a decent set of headphones to use

Regards

Steve

Same here, although I haven't yet figured out if you can put them on underwater, looks like the purpose of the ear pieces is to create an air gap.

RBW Member IainC is an unknown quantity at this point IainC's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Playing 1000 rounds of paper scissors stone with my buddy?

Also trying to stretch the cramp out of my legs (at least last weekend)

RBW Member carlosfredericobastos is an unknown quantity at this point carlosfredericobastos's Avatar
    REVO III mini Hybrid

Cool Re: Long Deco's - How do you pass the time?

looking around and thinking about life

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Any more information on headphones that can work deeper than 10 meters? I'm thinking of buying one of those Waterfi iPod shuffles, but have only read from you guys that the headphones don't work very deep.

Cheers - Chris

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Any more information on headphones that can work deeper than 10 meters? I'm thinking of buying one of those Waterfi iPod shuffles, but have only read from you guys that the headphones don't work very deep.

Cheers - Chris

RBW Member mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoBubblesNoTroubles  View Original Post
    Aloha everyone,

My buddy and I routinely do 3 hour closed circuit dives on our Prisms, usually we are pretty well entertained scootering along during deco. On Saturday we did our first 4 hour dive and because our scooters have a burn time of about 2.5 hours, we had to sit around for quite awhile.

We were in a 20' rubble patch so I found myself stacking flat-ish rocks, taking awkward selfies with my camera, drinking water through my hydration pack, slurping on squeezable applesauce and as a science diver...practice spelling the scientific names of fish.

Whether you're also doing really long dives, or just really good at entertaining yourself, what do you do to amuse yourself? Specifically to the other extreme exposure divers, what are some things you eat during deco? The applesauce was just sitting in my pantry, I have another buddy that eats bananas on deco. I'm wanting to play around with those gel packets that athletes use during triathlons. Thoughts on these?

Mahalo!

TP
    You could build your own transportable underwater habitat. It is amazing how quick time passes by when you sit in one of these with your fellow divers
    It is also much easier to eat and drink in one of these...

Look in this video from our 2014 Blücher trip (the habitat is from 4:15 onward)
    https://youtu.be/GVJ9eizb9Tg

RBW Member josepherely is an unknown quantity at this point josepherely's Avatar
    Meg Apecs 2.7

Inspo Classic Vision, Evolutio

Love the habitat, can you tell us a bit more about how constructed, deployment, filling with gas and experiments you had to make it work. Love it

Joe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast