+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nanaimo Wrecks

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Nanaimo Wrecks

I was very please to be back in my old stomping grounds of Nanaimo BC yesterday, diving the artificial reef of the former HMCS Cape Breton. We intended to do a second dive on the Saskatchewan but the Cape was so much fun we did a second dive there.

Most importantly though there is a new charter in town. https://www.facebook.com/Shepherdcharters These folks have been around the dive business for a few years now as owners of Nanaimo Dive Outfitters . They have been rebreather supporters for a few years and can supply boosted O2, helium, sorb, spare parts for Megs and Hollis systems as well as provide unit training for Meg and Hollis.
    I am excited because they bough a nice little boat that is comfortable and roomy enough for up to 6 tech divers.

If you don't know, Nanaimo is a great place for tech diving due to the 3 artificial reefs and a number of deep wall dives. Now that there is a charter boat that caters to the tech diving community I hope to see them get really busy.
    Congratulations Shirley and Steve on once again raising the bar.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member AdrianSmith is an unknown quantity at this point AdrianSmith's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Re: Nanaimo Wrecks

You skipped the Saskatchewan for a second dive on the Breton? Wow! Must have been a heck of a day!

Have you had a chance to dive the Annapolis yet Dave?

-Adrian

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianSmith  View Original Post
    You skipped the Saskatchewan for a second dive on the Breton? Wow! Must have been a heck of a day!

Have you had a chance to dive the Annapolis yet Dave?

-Adrian
    Yeah I got to dive Annapolis about a week after it was sunk. Not much on it but fun dive anyway. You should come up for a visit.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

I did my Advanced Technical Wreck and Technical wreck Instructor course there with Harry Wenngatz. All i remember was some awesome wreck diving. Maybe to make it back there again some day.

Bruce

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    I did my Advanced Technical Wreck and Technical wreck Instructor course there with Harry Wenngatz. All i remember was some awesome wreck diving. Maybe to make it back there again some day.

Bruce
    Bruce this new boat is very remiscent of Harry's boat. BTW Aaron and I want to come visit you this year. PM me and we will set something up.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member Lee Stroke is an unknown quantity at this point Lee Stroke's Avatar
    Revo

I apologize for off thread post. Bruce are you still in Thailand?
    Lee

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Lee
    Sent you a PM

Bruce

RBW Member madmosche is an unknown quantity at this point madmosche's Avatar
    Prism2, Explorer

Thanks for the info & recommendation

+ Reply to Thread