Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Call for interest: rebreather-only liveaboard in Red Sea, fall 2016

RBW Member Sebby is an unknown quantity at this point Sebby's Avatar
    Revo

Ray, Poseidon Mk6

Call for interest: rebreather-only liveaboard in Red Sea, fall 2016

Hello everyone,

I know I am planning a long time ahead

I wish to go on a rebreather-only dive trip in the red sea (Egypt more specifically)

What: liveaboard dive cruise for 24 rebreather divers. Dive operator to be confirmed but Blue O Two is interested to organize this for us. If you have other serious operators in mind that would be willing to do such a thing, feel free to suggest. The plan would be 2 to 3 dives a day, 2 hours each.

When: fall 2016, probably in October

Where: south of Egypt, on Brothers and Daedalus

Why: I did a nice liveaboard last year but 4 one-hour dives per day is a hassle in terms of pre/post dive things to do. In addition I would love to go to sites far south in order to avoid crowded areas and have something organized "tailor-made" for rebreather divers.

Who: anyone diving a rebreather (either CCR or SCR). I personnally enjoy long dives to look at marine life at limited depth, but there will be options for deeper technical diving enthusiasts.

So here is the question: who would be interested?
    If we quickly reach the 24 people limit, then bingo! We can start this whole thing

Cheers
    Sebastien

PS: for those wondering, I have no interest in any particular dive operator and I am not looking for any incentive in organizing such a trip. I am just looking for a full boat of rebreather buddies

RBW Member marshall8hp is an unknown quantity at this point marshall8hp's Avatar
    Explorer - LAR V

Re: Call for interest: rebreather-only liveaboard in Red Sea, fall 2016

We were thinking of diving with these guys in late August 2016 or mid September 2016. We would normally have gone OC for ease of taking gear, but this certainly has some appeal.

RBW Member Sebby is an unknown quantity at this point Sebby's Avatar
    Revo

Ray, Poseidon Mk6

Hello
    No one else interested?

Is the issue the location, the concept or the date?

Cheers
    Seb

RBW Member Yamahadrummer is an unknown quantity at this point Yamahadrummer's Avatar

Interest here!
    I was hoping to do the 'Brothers/Daedalus/Elphinstone & Southern/St. John Itinerary (14 nights)' route on the Aggressor, but when asked, they told me NONE of their fleet/dives is 'Rebreather friendly.'

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Really, after what happened in Tunesia, I am not going to any Muslim country. Besides, Egypt already had and still has its own trouble with Tourist abductions and terrorist attacks. There are better places to go.

RBW Member iamyourgasman is an unknown quantity at this point iamyourgasman's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS S/S mini

Contact Simon TW on these boards. Just purchased a liveaboard and fitting it out primarily for rebreathers. Will be ready by then. Alternatively look at MV Tala: they have a trip advertised around that time which is for CCR divers.
    I would have no problem to go to Egypt on a liveaboard: you spend about 8 hours on land and that includes airport transit. Much safer than parts of the U.S. !

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Really, after what happened in Tunesia, I am not going to any Muslim country. Besides, Egypt already had and still has its own trouble with Tourist abductions and terrorist attacks. There are better places to go.

Yes like France.... oh hang on, no

England..... errrrrr no

America.....F##K NO I am most likley to be murdered by a pissed off teanager with hormone issues and a Mac 10

I am off to Turkey again soon, looking forward to it

I had a great time in Egypt on my last trip but sadly we were the ONLY people in the hotell

Nice to dive the sites where normaly its diver soop and theres no one there

ATB

Mark

RBW Member Elmi is an unknown quantity at this point Elmi's Avatar
    JJ-ccr

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    As long you stay away from the Sinai peninsula.
    I dove and and went for work to egypt many times and people are more than happy to see you because that is the main income. tourism
    If you go down south of kairo and stay away from the hotspots, you are fine imho.
    And you are on a liveaboard, no pirates in these waters :)
    On the other hand i know some shitty places in my homecountry i would not walk around alone at night..

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

I would also check out Simon TW. We have asked for a list of his trips for next year.

It's rebreather friendly and based out of El Gouna, which I have heard is one of the nicer parts of the area.

We've done three trips to the Safaga area since the first revolution and they have been fine.

We haven't been to the tourist areas around Cairo.

Bruce
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

Hi,

I'm also interested in general.
    I do not have any issue with the Egyptian Red Sea cost, going there on regular base.
    The only thing it is I can't plan that much ahead.
    If the trip takes place and there is still a space available by summer 2016 I'm in.

Reiner

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast