+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebreather rental in Vancouver/Canada?

RBW Member Poltsi is an unknown quantity at this point Poltsi's Avatar
    Sentinel

Rebreather rental in Vancouver/Canada?

Hello,

I'm in the initial stage of planning a trip to Canada/Vancouver area (planned for June 2018) and looking for information on renting a rebreather (rEvo or Sentinel) + bailouts somewhere in the area.

Are there any dive center doing this?

I will be travelling with my wife (who does not dive) to the Canadian west coast for ~3 weeks, and lugging my dear Sentinel all the way from Finland is pretty much an overkill for a week of diving, which probably would be in God's Pocket¹, based on the glowing reviews it has received.

TIA for any advice/tips,

Poltsi

¹ https://www.godspocket.com/diving/

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Rebreather rental in Vancouver/Canada?

There is a greater population of rebreathers on Vancouver Island (where God's Pocket is) than on the mainland. I don't know of a single Sentinel diver in these parts let alone a rental facility. I could hook you up with a Meg or a Prism 2 which I'm afraid won't be much help to you.
    I wish you luck in your search.
    If you have time to come to Nanaimo for a meg or Prism 2 crossover class (3 days) I could hook you up with a rental unit.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Reviving threat because Poltsi cannot see it.

Supporting Member quietmike is an unknown quantity at this point quietmike's Avatar
    rEvo micro

Evolution+

We are heading up to Gods pocket in 2 weeks. We are taking our revos. I know a place in Courtney that is very rebreather friendly. Pacifc pro dive in Courtney. Not sure about rentals though. Talk to Bill there, he has always been help when I visited the area and hooked me up with dive buddies. We will be swinging by and will check out...if you can wait.

Good luck
    Mike
    Last edited by quietmike; 21st July 2017 at 23:07. Reason: Mis spell

Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by quietmike  View Original Post
    Not sure about rentals though. Talk to Bill there, he has always been help when I visited the area and hooked me up with dive buddies.
    Cool, thanks. Will def contact Bill ASAP.

wedivebc: Tempting, but no (see also: https://youtu.be/fVUdt0CPUwQ?t=498 and don't mind the pixie).

Poltsi

Sentinel

Alas Bill was not able to help with the rental of RB. They do have sorb for sale as well as RB-cylinders for rental, which is good to know.

Maybe need to *ahemm* reconsider the crossover option

Poltsi

RBW Member Elaizafus is an unknown quantity at this point Elaizafus's Avatar
    Elaizafus

Rebreather rental in Vancouver/Canada

Hi I am new to this forum Which route would it be to go from PA to WA by route of Canada? I was thinking that route would be going North through Maine into Canada than go all the way West in Canada than South to WA, but I am not sure which route that would be? Thank you

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Rebreather rental in Vancouver/Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Elaizafus  View Original Post
    Hi I am new to this forum Which route would it be to go from PA to WA by route of Canada? I was thinking that route would be going North through Maine into Canada than go all the way West in Canada than South to WA, but I am not sure which route that would be? Thank you
    Unless you want to see all of Canada in which case backtracking to Maine would be an option. If you are looking to see Canada on your way west I would go either by way of Detroit and cross there or go via Buffalo and visit Niagara Falls. You may not want to go any further west than Sault St Marie to cross to the north unless you're just in a hurry then you're best to just drive out on US highways. Your fuel is a lot cheaper than ours for some reason.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread