+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Double cell fail :-( Back to blowing bubbles this weeked ;-)

RBW Member IainC is an unknown quantity at this point IainC's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Double cell fail :-( Back to blowing bubbles this weeked ;-)

Grumble grumble.

Oh well, at least they didn't blow during my MOD2 course two weeks ago!

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Re: Double cell fail :-( Back to blowing bubbles this weeked ;-)

what were the manufacturing dates on the failed sensors?
    were the within the dates of the bad batch that AP had?

Michael

Inspiration Vision

12month old narced at 90's...

I had some corrosion issues on my co-ax connectors recently (had the head serviced and the connectors were replaced), probably should have changed the cells at the time, but they checked out then and the repair bill was enough for one pay day!

The cell 'stems' look pretty tarnished now though.

New ones in the post, glad it happened today as this weekend is nice shallow stuff and a single tank will suffice, next weekend will be deep

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Biox is your friend

ATB

Mark

Inspiration Vision

Biox is your friend
    In the sense that I could use it to clean the cells / connectors up now or the sense that I should have used it to clean them & stop them going bad?

Would like to know how to avoid this in future, others already suggested contralube770 or similar for the connectors?

Advice appreciated,

Iain.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by IainC  View Original Post
    In the sense that I could use it to clean the cells / connectors up now or the sense that I should have used it to clean them & stop them going bad?

Would like to know how to avoid this in future, others already suggested contralube770 or similar for the connectors?

Advice appreciated,

Iain.

I suffered loads of cell issues in the early days and seemed to be getting through cells very quickly. Then I discovered a cotton bud dipped in biox used to cleen conections between the cell and the unit (both sides) worked wonders in reducing cell errors. (expecialy on Molex)

Heat the biox up for 15 seconds in a microwave

When you do the cell its self invert it so the biox doesn't run inside the cell

Point being if the cell contacts were scuzzed up it might not have been a cell error at all

People say, oh yes but I fitted a new cell and it was fine, but what they have done is removed a bit of the crud with the act of unpluging and re plugging the cell and its not going to take long for the issue to rear its ugly head again

Id take out the cells and biox cleen them once every six months

ATB

Mark

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

What about using DeoxIT?
    Anyone using it for molex connectors?

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Igor P; 22nd June 2015 at 20:14.

Inspiration Vision

Thanks Mark, useful tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    I suffered loads of cell issues in the early days and seemed to be getting through cells very quickly. Then I discovered a cotton bud dipped in biox used to cleen conections between the cell and the unit (both sides) worked wonders in reducing cell errors. (expecialy on Molex)

Heat the biox up for 15 seconds in a microwave

When you do the cell its self invert it so the biox doesn't run inside the cell

Point being if the cell contacts were scuzzed up it might not have been a cell error at all

People say, oh yes but I fitted a new cell and it was fine, but what they have done is removed a bit of the crud with the act of unpluging and re plugging the cell and its not going to take long for the issue to rear its ugly head again

Id take out the cells and biox cleen them once every six months

ATB

Mark

Muddiver Muddiver is an unknown quantity at this point Muddiver's Avatar
    Poseidon Cis Lunar 7

Sorry, nob question.

What is Biox? I googled it and got all kinds of unrelated medical stuff.

Oh, never mind. I got it when I added "cleaning" to the search.

+ Reply to Thread