+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scubapro and Mares

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Scubapro and Mares

Hi guys ..... being at the bottom of the planet we don't get much info filtering through to us idown under n lonely old Oz. So when we do it tends to be mostly bullocks.

Soooo lets ask the oracle ..... Any substance in the rumor that both Scubapro and Mares are in the market to release a CCR unit soon'ish ????

regards Baz
    Last edited by Bazza; 11th June 2015 at 06:45.

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Re: Scubapro and Mares

exciting news! Never heard about it though.
    Always interesting to have new units in the market, especially if it comes for major diving brands like them.

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

I didn't say its true I am asking if it is true - big difference .... regards Baz

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    Soooo lets ask the oracle ..... Any substance in the rumor that both Scubapro and Mares are in the market to release a CCR unit soon'ish ????
    Lets pray they aren't, if there current kit is anything to go by it'll be worse than Poseidon's attempt.

RBW Member far052 is an unknown quantity at this point far052's Avatar

Hi,

This very exciting new unit has been announced by Mares here ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGKBLyVC8Po

Fred
    Last edited by far052; 12th June 2015 at 11:36. Reason: typo error

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    Lets pray they aren't, if there current kit is anything to go by it'll be worse than Poseidon's attempt.
    Nobody would force you to dive it.
    However any new company entering such a market would certainly bring some interesting innovations, like Poseidon did (active sensor validation).
    I always welcome innovation.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Nicool  View Original Post
    Nobody would force you to dive it.
    However any new company entering such a market would certainly bring some interesting innovations, like Poseidon did (active sensor validation).
    I always welcome innovation.
    You welcome large manufactures into a niche market where they squash innovation with marketing and outpricing the little guy?

The Poseidon was one of the biggest backward steps this industry has seen, its tied to the training and money making side of diving not genuine innovation and safety.

A sad day.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    You welcome large manufactures into a niche market where they squash innovation with marketing and outpricing the little guy?

The Poseidon was one of the biggest backward steps this industry has seen, its tied to the training and money making side of diving not genuine innovation and safety.

A sad day.
    Completely agree with this...
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Please tell me we aren't going to have some manufacture try and flood the market with more plastic crap... didn't we see this with a lame attempt we call the "disco"...

No thanks... we have enough to choose from now.

rEvo III micro FT RMS

Hum, you three seem to agree on the position that having a large company from diving industry entering the rebreather market wouldn't be a good thing.

There must be a point that i am missing here, so i am genuinely asking: how would that hurt the rebreather market (whether manufacturers or customers)?

In your replies i am reading:
    -Poseidon outpricing the little guys: nope, at ~7000+ EUR, the Poseidon Mark VI is more expensive then several rEvo configurations, and probably other units on the market.
    -squash innovation...: well Poseidon did bring some relevant innovation, i think Active Cell Validaton is something that i would love to see on other units. Same as the coloured LED in the back of the unit, that lets your buddy know when you have a problem.
    -...with marketing: what's wrong with marketing? All rebreather companies do marketing, and it's each diver's responsibility to use his/her brain and research & understand whether the product meets his/her needs. As an example, ISC are one of the major actors in this market, but i saw (on this forum) advertising banners of them claiming "some compromise, we don't" - how salesy/marketing is that? Everybody knows that each rebreather design is a matter of compromise (trick being always to choose the unit design whose compromises you're comfortable with).
    -"Poseidon was one of the biggest backward steps this industry has seen": really i don't get it, please ellaborate how the industry has suffered.
    -"tied to money making": are other brands like APD not trying to make money?
    -"not genuine innovation and safety": not all divers are interested about cave diving or deep wrecks you know. For open-water dives with no or limited deco obligation, i don't see how Poseidon rebreather is not safe (and i have owned & dived a unit during 2 years). I am always surprised to read people say "yeah but i wouldn't take it in a cave" - good dude, because that's not the target!
    -"flood the market with more plastic crap": so your point would be that plastic is not a good material to use when designing rebreathers?
    -"No thanks... we have enough to choose from now": i remember reading about some 19th century scientist that declared to a young man that wanted a career into science: "sorry young man, but we already have invented/discovered all that had to be invented/discovered" - so the rebreather technology is no more going to progress you think? Or you wouldn't be interested in any innovation, if any? Personally i would like lighter units. I would like solid state sensors, etc. etc.

Please help enlighten me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast